Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

MI Deer Opener - Live Hunt

Yeah. About that. Set up the blind on a little travel route between my property & the neighbor. There's been a few bucks moving through.

The little buddy heater is nice.

Time to bring out the Winchester 86 in 33 wcf. View attachment 250249View attachment 250250
Fire ball and schlitz work better than a heater. Don’t worry we will get the Michigan huntin culture beat in to you yet. You and your pretty guns and sobriety. Jeez

And we're back in the house, having some ham & green bean soup.

Nothing came through in the evening. I'll sit in it again tomorrow & then reposition the blind to the back of the property and try again Thursday morning.

Waiting to hear from the neighbor when I can hunt his place. He's very generous and lets most neighbors who hunt on. I like that. He's the salt of the earth. Has a penchant for old machinery that he leaves scattered across the property in poor repair. I like that too.

Takeaways:

Crowded, but not bad. Everyone was polite & friendly, willing to share space or give up a spot for others. That was a really nice thing to see while hunting. No ego, no weirdness, just people enjoying themselves.

Remember the park pass. I totally spaced it. There were a few spots I checked out that were open & had great habitat.

Lots of shots, so assuming either a lot of new signage is needed, or there's full freezers for a lot of folks.

I give it 1.5 stars so far. Need more catchphrase words like swamp donkey, toad, freak nasty, ect. Have you even named any bucks yet? Where are the trail cam pictures of the targets for this year? Did you even tag your sponsors in your posts? You may call yourself a whitetail hunter, Mr Lamb, but you are not. #notarealdeerhunter

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwaller4449
Back