Yeti GOBOX Collection

MI Deer Opener - Live Hunt

So my plan this morn was to hunt same spot from opening day. Looked out at 5 this morn, could hardly see driveway pole light from snow coming down. Yep the still warm bed said WTH are you thinking! So maybe this afternoon?
E9C75B46-E73B-4DBF-93D8-F809A2C7F348.png

So my plan this morn was to hunt same spot from opening day. Looked out at 5 this morn, could hardly see driveway pole light from snow coming down. Yep the still warm bed said WTH are you thinking! So maybe this afternoon?
View attachment 250804

You guys are going to get it worse than us. I'm thinking an evening sit in the blind is warranted. Might be able to fill my doe tag.

View attachment 250804
Good thing about today is you can sleep in and then just get up and track one down.

So we bought a pop up blind for our granddaughters for Xmas, I said to wife Hmm, sure would work great in this snow! And response? No way! Its THEIR present..

So I never thought I would be interested in one but gotta tell you I am NOW!

So we bought a pop up blind for our granddaughters for Xmas, I said to wife Hmm, sure would work great in this snow! And response? No way! Its THEIR present..

So I never thought I would be interested in one but gotta tell you I am NOW!
Well you should probably make sure it works. It would be terrible to give them a broken/faulty present right?

One day, I want to have a cabin in the UP and have a real UP Deer Camp, blackberry brandy & smoked everything included.
My grandpa built this camp in the early 40’s. Deer camps traditions are alive and well here in the U.P.
Still a few bucks left too….10:00am on the 17th

Attachments

• 6ED8933C-4F3F-4D4A-BB2D-039C2428997B.jpeg
    6ED8933C-4F3F-4D4A-BB2D-039C2428997B.jpeg
    244.8 KB · Views: 50
  • 70690250-4E2A-4C3D-B04A-B5DD50F91D92.jpeg
    70690250-4E2A-4C3D-B04A-B5DD50F91D92.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 50
  • DAFFB00B-468E-4C5A-A6E2-AA96D71A760B.jpeg
    DAFFB00B-468E-4C5A-A6E2-AA96D71A760B.jpeg
    819 KB · Views: 50
I'm pretty new to the MI hunting scene, but my FIL loves the APR. He hunts on the east side of TC and says the quality of bucks is improving significantly.

I don't see a lot of folks being selective on deer. I think it's still a harvest culture first, trophy potential second deal.

One day, I want to have a cabin in the UP and have a real UP Deer Camp, blackberry brandy & smoked everything included.
I’ll be on my best behavior, sir! 😀

Is that thing worth the money?? I bought the smaller round version and returned it the next day… at the time I wasn’t gonna spend an extra $100 on the bigger one like that…..
I've only used it a few times, but I'm a fan. It kept the blind pleasant enough that my feet didn't get cold, and I could have a couple of the windows open for the shooting lanes. In a permanent blind, it would be worth it to have a 20 lb bottle & keep it in there.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back