Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Merle passed today

Merle will be played all day long at my house. One of the true country music legends.

Can't even imagine the party he and the Outlaws will be having up there this evening! Cheers to the Hag, he will be missed.

I had the honor of meeting and chatting with him once at Buck Owens ranch.
He came over to check out some work I was doing there.
Just a nice guy.
Saw him a couple times with Willie & the Outlaws

Last edited:
I had the honor of meeting and chatting with him once at Buck Owens ranch.
He came over to check out some work I was doing there.
Just a nice guy.
Saw him a couple times with Willie & the Outlaws

The amazing thing is Merle married Buck's ex-wife. And they all were friends even after Merle divorced her. Merle had serious game. He would probably go up to a hot girl and say, "You are a 9 out of 10. And I am the 1 you need."

If this one had been released in his prime, it would be up there on the list of classics. I found it on an obscure recording in the late 1990's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SLezEuahbM

Songs about working people who do the living, breathing, crying, and dying in this country always pull at my heart. This one about broken dreams and promises of tomorrow is exactly that.

In my next life .............

I play music in a country band.The most requested songs are always songs by George Jones,Hank Williams and Merle Haggard.
A real legend never dies.

If this one had been released in his prime, it would be up there on the list of classics. I found it on an obscure recording in the late 1990's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SLezEuahbM

Songs about working people who do the living, breathing, crying, and dying in this country always pull at my heart. This one about broken dreams and promises of tomorrow is exactly that.

In my next life .............

Very good song. I spent this past weekend in Sheridan WY and played about $10 worth of Merle on the jukebox at the Mint. Place really livened up after that!

I'm a little late to the party on this thread, but Merle is one of my all time favorites. I hated to hear that he had died.

"I want to die along the highway and rot away, like some old highline pole. Rest this rambling fever in my soul."

I think many of us Hunt Talkers that love to travel and hunt can relate to this song (Ramblin Fever). Except I want my ashes spread in the headwaters of a SW MT river.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brkY2Lry3Hk

I'll add that I saw George Jones in concert shortly before he died. He was in poor health and it was not a good show, but I feel fortunate to have heard him in person. I wish I could have seen Merle and Johnny Cash in person.

That was a sad day for sure. I will miss Merle. I got the pleasure of seeing him twice. Once with George Jones that I drove 6 hours to see and once right here in Mankato. Willie will be here in June with Kris Kristofferson. I better get to this one before they too are sadly gone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back