Merle passed today

So bummed. Willie is about the only old-school country guy left. Not sure about anybody else but anything after these legends pales in comparison. RIP Hag.

I liked him alot years ago. Enough to pay big bucks for concert tickets one time. He came out late......you could tell he didn't want to be there........didn't visit with the crowd, just sang the prescribed number of songs and when he was done he got up and left.......that was it. I guess he left early too. His performance was totally mediocre and his attitude was worse than a pouty 13 year old. I never paid any attention to him after that and he sure didn't get any more of my time or money. What a disappointment he was.
Lots of performers end up with the same issue. Money, fame and success turn them into jerks. If they hate it so much they should quit and become plumbers or something.

Its good some of you liked him.........me, not so much.

Real country is disappearing one old guy at a time. I don't know what some of this new crap is, but most of these clowns can't even spell country. They did not grow up experiencing the hard times that the old guard lived through.

His songs was true country ,not the junk they call country today.

He will be missed !!

MHO is that true country died when Garth got on stage. Hank JR did not help either. I'm sure our parents thought the same thing when our generation took over country music.

Sad day...Merle's voice, in perpetuity, is one of the legendary standards for his genre.

....right up there with George Jones.

Not to fret, we still have Jason Aldean and the Big Green Tractor!

Used to love Country music, now I can't stand about 99.5% of it.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back