Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Memorial Day... more than brats and beer by the lake.

While many in America cherish her freedom, there are too many who fail to recognize the sacrifice it took to establish and maintain that freedom. Thanks for the reminder.

So hard to watch. Memorial day is an important day but I actually dread it. So many names, faces, lives and stories that are a little overwhelming to re-live when the whole country is brining it to the forefront.

This last deployment may be the straw that broke the families' back. My 17 year marriage is hanging on by a fast unraveling thread and my mind is constantly being flooded with literally picking up the pieces and parts of those who have given it all. It's the unseen scars that seem to hurt the most and sometimes it's hard not to crawl into a bottle and never come out.

Then you look around at the average spoiled, ungrateful American that complain about the most petty, stupid things that don't amount to anything. I don't give a $H!T if your latte wasn't made exactly how you like!

If you truly want to honor the sacrifice or those who gave it all.........enjoy your life, get involved in order to keep this country worth fighting for, don't sweat the small stuff, forgive, love, give and share, for all of those who no longer can!

Freedom has a flavor few have savoured except for those that have fought for it! GOD bless the brave and I for one will never forget what Memorial Day means. Semper Fi RIP brothers & sisters

Back