Meet Grinnell, my Red-tailed Hawk

406LIFE

Meet Grinnell.

IMG_20191014_173627_283.jpg

She's my passage redtailhawk This is the the culmination of six years in pursuing falconry We trapped her a week ago and she's already manning nicely and coming to the glove. Prepare for many more pictures.

IMG_20191014_173627_286.jpg

Yes, it's legal. And yes, it's a lot of paperwork and permits.

IMG_20191014_173627_282.jpg

The why: There is something about hunting with another hunter, and one that flies. They are designed to do nothing but hunt. That resonates.

Very cool. We have a friend who used to be a falconer. One of his red-tails lived in my kitchen for a couple weeks while it recovered from a little surgery. It was on a Pedialite diet, and loved to fling the little Pedialite-filled syringes around the room. Good times...

Look forward to more pics 😁

For sure looking forward to learning more about the how's and why's of falconing.

Starting with the story of how you went about bringing Grinnell to live with you.

For sure looking forward to learning more about the how's and why's of falconing.

Starting with the story of how you went about bringing Grinnell to live with you.

yes, would love to hear more about this. Can you use Grinnell hunting?

Very cool,had a young one fall into one of our watering troughs.
Also have a "Prarie Pheasant" that follows me around like a puppy.
Sorry can't locate the baby hawk in my files.Good hunting with your
new partner. 🔥
'Loves to eat Sparrows and Collard Doves.025.jpg038.jpg005.jpg

Beautiful bird. Will be following along on your upcoming threads of your hunts with her.

Very, very cool. Cant wait to hear the story of how she came to be with you, and follow along as you start to hunt together! Keep us posted!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back