MeatEater new owners.....

Maybe... just maybe... hunters can be the resource bridging the gap between those looking for a way to connect with nature but who do NOT want to hunt and those who do. Maybe... just maybe... hunters can be the ones who share some backstraps with their democrat anti-gun neighbor who happens to be on the local school board (a.k.a. Steve Rinella). Maybe... just maybe... hunters can be the ones who come up with common sense and reasonable gun/public land legislation that balances interests and accessibility for ALL people. Maybe... just maybe... hunters can be the solution to true conservation instead of attacking some of the best representatives of our sport/passion. Maybe... just maybe...

Meat eater is a great show thats all that matters to me. This is a hunting forum not a political one.
Actually, this is a very politically active forum - public lands issues are inherently political and this is a public lands hunting forum. Of course, there is no reason to be disagreeable, and for the most part folks on HT rise above the worst of the internet behavior, but it is often (and appropriately) political.

In a democracy where < 5% of the population hunts, hunters have to be politically active.
Actually, this is a very politically active forum - public lands issues are inherently political and this is a public lands hunting forum. Of course, there is no reason to be disagreeable, and for the most part folks on HT rise above the worst of the internet behavior, but it is often (and appropriately) political.
Ok well this is not a public land issue.

Ok well this is not a public land issue.
It is public lands hunting site. The right to carry a gun and the lawfulness of killing animals (both actively challenged by the far left) are equally relevant discussions. All 3 (incl. PL) are issues that sportsman need to stay on top of and because of this are all common topics on HT.

It is public lands hunting site. The right to carry a gun and the lawfulness of killing animals (both actively challenged by the far left) are equally relevant discussions. All 3 (incl. PL) are issues that sportsman need to stay on top of and because of this are all common topics on HT.

Agreed, and to take it one step further; I think it should be expected that if your team, be they Democrat or Republican, (let's be real both are kinda crappy teams) takes steps that infringe, degrade or otherwise harm the membership of this forums ability to participate in public land hunting that team is going to be taken to task.

Criticism of either party should not be taken as a personal attack, you can vote for x or y party and still be very critical of them when necessary, such is a key component of a healthy electorate.

Pardon my ignorance, but who is that?

Also, this is mildly sacrilegious to compare a real life person to the perfect person of Jesus Christ, but I would say Randy is Jesus because of all the time he spends with low-lives like us online especially since I feel like he kinda flipped a table over in this thread jk jk jk

Back