Meateater buys Firstlite

So who are you going to buy Randy? Howa? Sitka? Leupold? I think you could turn this situation into an interesting little off-season competition!

Now that's funny. If they take Monopoly money, I would be in the running for any of those. Since my credit is not even good down at the coffee shop, odds are I won't have a diversified business portfolio anytime soon.

I don't mean to sound like brown noser, but I really can't thank guys like Randy and Steve enough for what they do for young and aspiriring hunters and conservationists. You guys are a great example in a hunting media landscape that is full of bad examples and have had a huge impact on my life. And that's something that can never be measured in dollars and cents. You make a lot of us better hunters and frankly, better people.

So who are you going to buy Randy? Howa? Sitka? Leupold? I think you could turn this situation into an interesting little off-season competition!

Clearly Randy is playing coy so he can make a run at Berkshire and get his hands on DQ ;)

Gotta be careful with those public companies... insider trading and all that.

I don't know. Seems like when you have one company that does one thing really well, then gets into all these other things, quality--whether it be in products or customer service--often goes down hill. Orvis comes to mind. And Cabela's. I realize these are bad comparisons, and I'll admit I don't know shit about business.

I did work at In N Out Burger in high school, and they were adamant about keeping everything about the business the same, even though there was lots of pressure to change things. Their philosophy was to do one thing really well, and keep it at that. Seemed to have worked. I like that sort of philosophy for companies. Small-shop experts.

I just bought some of those extra soft, fine merino underRoos that FL sells yesterday.
If I put my tinfoil hat on, I can tell you how by doing so, I’m helping fund the downfall of hunting and the second amendment with my purchase.

Every purchase will lead you closer to working patchouli oil into your day to day grooming habits. Beware the slippery slope.

Now that's funny. If they take Monopoly money, I would be in the running for any of those. Since my credit is not even good down at the coffee shop, odds are I won't have a diversified business portfolio anytime soon.
Sounds like if he bought any company, it would be DQ. Who needs to stay in shape riding llamas into battle? 😁

If you need your Rinella fix or don't have Netflix, the Meateater youtube account just released two new episodes of Das Boat season 2 and after watching the second one, there is no doubt that sarcastic Steve is hilarious. Lots of good natured ribbing of the Eagle in Steve's narration of that episode.

Back