PEAX Equipment

Meat Mixers...

I have used a similar one a buddy had making a 50lb batch of summer sausage. Like the one you posted his wouldn't hold the whole batch so changing out batches was kind of a pain. It cleaned up well and worked well for the smaller batch. I don't make batches that big on my own, usually 20 or 25 and for me my two hands work just fine.

I bought a meat mixer 5 or so seasons ago (different brand, probably the same mixer) after always mixing my hand. I used it alot for the first 2 seasons, now I only use it when I am going to be doing things like summer sausage where I am doing 12-15# or more at a time. they work great and clean easy, but it just takes too much time to do a pre-clean and a post clean to justify going out to the garage to get it when I can do things by hand.

Normally I am only doing small batches of ground jerky, brats or sausage throughout the year because I like to experiment

I have one of those. I like it! I make a lot of deer salami and this makes the mixing a whole lot easier and faster. Cleaning is simple as long as you do it right away. Dried stuff can be a pain if you get sidetracked and leave it sit.

I have one from Cabela's that is similar to this, but it hooks to my grinder. I LOVE it. We use it for our sausage, which we make in 25# batches, then transfer over to our stuffer. Cleanup with it isn't too bad, i usually sanitize and use our tub for cleaning it due to its size. I even use it to mix ground beef or pork when doing our burger. It makes a pretty big difference in the even distribution of spices, fat, etc. Clean up is pretty straight forward. We let our soak for a bit, then wash really good and hit it with a sanitizer. I think you'll really like it.

I started with one of those years ago. It worked great. I switched to the one that fits on my big Cabelas grinder and it is even better! They sure beat doing by hand.

Back