Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Meat Mixers...

I have used a similar one a buddy had making a 50lb batch of summer sausage. Like the one you posted his wouldn't hold the whole batch so changing out batches was kind of a pain. It cleaned up well and worked well for the smaller batch. I don't make batches that big on my own, usually 20 or 25 and for me my two hands work just fine.

I bought a meat mixer 5 or so seasons ago (different brand, probably the same mixer) after always mixing my hand. I used it alot for the first 2 seasons, now I only use it when I am going to be doing things like summer sausage where I am doing 12-15# or more at a time. they work great and clean easy, but it just takes too much time to do a pre-clean and a post clean to justify going out to the garage to get it when I can do things by hand.

Normally I am only doing small batches of ground jerky, brats or sausage throughout the year because I like to experiment

I have one of those. I like it! I make a lot of deer salami and this makes the mixing a whole lot easier and faster. Cleaning is simple as long as you do it right away. Dried stuff can be a pain if you get sidetracked and leave it sit.

I have one from Cabela's that is similar to this, but it hooks to my grinder. I LOVE it. We use it for our sausage, which we make in 25# batches, then transfer over to our stuffer. Cleanup with it isn't too bad, i usually sanitize and use our tub for cleaning it due to its size. I even use it to mix ground beef or pork when doing our burger. It makes a pretty big difference in the even distribution of spices, fat, etc. Clean up is pretty straight forward. We let our soak for a bit, then wash really good and hit it with a sanitizer. I think you'll really like it.

I started with one of those years ago. It worked great. I switched to the one that fits on my big Cabelas grinder and it is even better! They sure beat doing by hand.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sscrano
Back