Yeti GOBOX Collection

Carry-All Cart Big Game Treestands

mtlion

I'm thinking really hard about purchasing a Big Game Treestands Carry-all Cart. Anyone have experience with these carts? I've looked around and they are about $30 cheaper ($130 Wholesale Sports) than the Cabelas Mag Hauler cart ($160+shipping) and look to be very comparable to them. Basically I'm down to deciding between the two carts mentioned, anyone have any input? A couple links:

http://www.biggametreestands.com/products/the-carry-all-game-cart.html

http://www.cabelas.com/game-carts-carriers-cabelas-super-mag-hauler-game-cart.shtml?WT.tsrc=CSE&WT.mc_id=GoogleProductAds&WT.z_mc_id1=03037416&rid=40&mr:trackingCode=EFF7664A-C372-E011-8008-001B21631C34&mr:referralID=NA&mr:adType=pla&mr:ad=5855069784&mr:match={matchtype}&mr:filter=22729283064&mr:keyword={keyword}

I have the Cabela's cart. I purchased it, in case I or my son's get an antelope or deer. If either one of use shot an elk, I would cart out quarters or maybe a half.

I would be cautious when "side hilling", as I thing the wheels may "fold" over. But, for $50 that is what you get.

My brother and friend have a "one-wheeled" game cart (typically take two people to use when loaded). These are very nice, because you can find a cattle/game trail and follow it along side hills. Here is a very similar cart: http://www.neetkart.com/index.html.

Thoe do look nice especially the neetkart. A little out of my price range at this point though.

The strategy with my last game cart was to buy a $50 hunk of junk off craigslist than have my wife help me bring out a large mule deer buck whole with it. Instant permission to upgrade ;)

As many animals as your wife has shot the last couple years you shouldn't need ''permission''! Explain to her shes gonna make an old man out of you getting all those critters out of the field. Hope that helps.

I purchased a Big Game cart 3 years ago, and have been really impressed with it. It is the best deer cart I have used. We put two field dressed deer on it at one time and pulled them out while bow hunting in Illinois. We used it elk hunting in Kentucky. I am pretty sure we tested the weight capacity on that trip. We had to pull that elk out about 2 miles, and made it in one trip. Last year we even used it hauling blind bags, decoys, and guns into pit blinds in corn fields while duck hunting. I would definately buy it again.

If you balance the load correctly, you can easily pull a lot of weight with it. If you have it loaded heavily, be careful on hills. We usually put someone behind the cart to act as a "break" when going down hill.

Attachments

• cart.jpg
    cart.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 1,520
I have the Cabelas game cart and have had it for 10 years or so. It has worked well over the years if you are not a long ways from the truck or if you are on relatively flat ground. Steep side hilling sucks...I tried it once. Alot of the time it is still faster and easier to quarter an animal (deer or antelope)and pack it out on your back (I quarter and bone elk). I use it mainly when hunting with my kids at our friends ranch and in dry conditions, we drive to most of our game though. I picked it up at a Cabelas so I didn't have to pay shipping, you could run over to Post Falls. I'd recommend it as it had paid for itself over the years.

In the attached pic: This was a one day hunt. We hauled my sons antelope out in the morning and I packed my daughters out in the afternoon.

Attachments

• DSCN2064.jpg
    DSCN2064.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 1,334
Me and a buddy loaded a whole 2.5 yr old raghorn bull my daughter shot 2 years ago on my cabelas magnum it took a bit of positioning and some paracord but it worked great one side hill episode was a rodeo but we made it out alive.... Used it on a couple deer as well I feel its paid for itsself and still looks almost new .... Really happy with it

In my experience -

Think carefully about where you will be using it. I have a game cart and found it works well on grassy areas or fire roads. If there are a lot of rocks where you will be hunting, or steep side hills, I would go with a single-track. There is no way you can avoid all (or even most) of the rocks with a 2-wheel design. You can buy various one-wheel designs, but a wheelbarrow (possibly with the pan replaced with a piece of plywood) works well. Get the airless tire version, or fill the tire with one of the flat sealing compounds.

Good luck.

Thanks for all of the excellent advice guys. I have been around the block with game carts and have abandoned taking them through rugged terrain or sidehills. If needed I pack quarters to wherever the cart can make it to, sometimes that's clear to the bed of the truck! I have used my little $50 POS to haul out many critters since I bought it and figured an upgrade would be worth it especially given the proliferation of gated roads where I live.

built mine after several bad designs, haunt the medical supply houses or hospital maint guys for a broken wheel chair, ----> 7/8 ball bearing shaft on the wheels, made a wide U shaped wheel frame,, bolted under an alum frame with rubber mat cover, hauls white tails very well, its headed to wyo in 18 days,,

mtlion, the only one I've used is the Cabela's cart, got lucky and found one in the Bargain Cave. I've had good luck with it, they obviously have their limitations but can be very handy to have around. The only hesitation I might have with the Big Game Carry-all is if it doesn't have the canvas sling, just to help keep legs etc. up out of the way.

I ended up ordering the Cabelas super mag yesterday...with wheel covers and shipping it came in just under $200...

Randy11 has dibs on my old one :hump:

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallguy
Back