Meat Eater Cookbook

Dakota79

Has anybody purchased the Meat Eater Cookbook?

If so would you recommend it?

Any other wild game cookbooks you folks would recommend?

I got it and like it. Some of the dishes have herbs, spices, peppers, that aren't easy to find. But like most recopies I usually put my own spin to it. It has tons of different things to explore with instead of usual wild game meals.

my wife and I have enjoyed a few meals out of there. Hank Shaw has our heart though. He has some wonderful meals in his books.

One of the differences between the two, is the Hank often cites alternative methods and ingredients for those on a time crunch or when you can't find a certain ingredient.

I've got both of them, neat to page through but in this day and age you can find whatever recipe you want online for free.
That's why I asked. I didn't know if it would be worth getting a "COOKBOOK" or not and just go to the net.

Agree with everyone. All of Hank Shaw’s books are amazing. But, can also be more complicated if followed strictly.
I sometimes go to The MeatEater’s Fish and Game Cookbook for something simpler.
I’ve also enjoyed Jesse Griffith’s Afield and Michael Hunter’s Hunter Chef Cookbook.

Wife and I use the Barness cookbook often. It is written from the meat cuts texture or toughness rather than from the game animal.

wife commented that it is her favorite cookbook.
Slice of the wild Eileen Clark

Wife and I use the Barness cookbook often. It is written from the meat cuts texture or toughness rather than from the game animal.

wife commented that it is her favorite cookbook.
Slice of the wild Eileen Clark
The meat cut cut texture or toughness would be nice to read through. Especially to some of the newbies I'm trying to help get into hunting.

Back