Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

May 5, 2021 Commissioners Meeting

We are experiencing technical difficulties
live streaming to YouTube.

Just read through the agenda.

17 3:35 (I/A) Katie Lanter, Policy and Planning Supervisor Big Game License Allocation & Preference Points - Path Forward

I hope the stream is up by then as that's potentially a big deal.

There is an associated doc on the website that looks like an invitation for the Commission to kick the can down the road a while longer.
CPW proposing to link the allocation issue with potential changes to the points system is a nice touch also. That should serve as a sufficient distraction to make sure no substantive changes occur to the allocation percentages.

Paraphrased, the website crash on application deadline "turned out to be a benefit to sportsmen. Instead of several hundred not able to apply, several thousand more people applied."

"They sure did. It pushed us over the 700,000 mark."

Did they comment at all on the preference point agenda item?
Yes, I believe they decided to slow roll any changes. They will do some big survey and then a public comment process, so no changes for at least 2 years (McDaniels thought even that was optimistic). I understand the desire to get it right the first time, instead of the yearly cluster the past 3 years. However, I would have voted for updating the 3-year period used for determining the high preference point units (currently fixed at 2007-2009). Why wasn't that made a rolling 3-year period from the get-go??

You've been saying that for 10+ years.....lol
True!
And I really don't care what CPW does. Just keep all the crap west of I-25. Of course after the next three years with increased tags and late seasons there wont be any deer remaining west of I-25 so I'm sure they'll go to work on ridding the eastern half of deer.

Yes, I believe they decided to slow roll any changes. They will do some big survey and then a public comment process, so no changes for at least 2 years (McDaniels thought even that was optimistic). I understand the desire to get it right the first time, instead of the yearly cluster the past 3 years. However, I would have voted for updating the 3-year period used for determining the high preference point units (currently fixed at 2007-2009). Why wasn't that made a rolling 3-year period from the get-go??
Thanks for sharing. Sounds like a hurry up and wait situation. I'll be sure to participate in the meetings or surveys whenever they roll that out

True!
And I really don't care what CPW does. Just keep all the crap west of I-25. Of course after the next three years with increased tags and late seasons there wont be any deer remaining west of I-25 so I'm sure they'll go to work on ridding the eastern half of deer.
I was referring to the part about you leaving CO.... I'm not holding my breath yet.

CPW proposing to link the allocation issue with potential changes to the points system is a nice touch also. That should serve as a sufficient distraction to make sure no substantive changes occur to the allocation percentages.
Thanks for sharing. Sounds like a hurry up and wait situation. I'll be sure to participate in the meetings or surveys whenever they roll that out

It looks like we might see changes implemented in 2023 or 2024. o_O

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back