Maximize Wyoming Buck/Doe Pronghorn Tags

wolfpup

Here's the background... I have 4 points for Pronghorn and will apply this year or next. I have onx and GoHunt subscriptions. I will apply for the regular draw (not Special) due to the cost mostly. I am hoping to get at least one doe tag or 2 if available along with my buck tag but I can't seem to find a resource that shows units that I should be able to accomplish this. Is there a place or method to accomplish this? Can you get a doe tag along with all buck tags? or only in specific units?

Yes. You can get doe tags in addition to buck tags. Some units provide more doe opportunities than others, obviously. The draw for does is completely separate from the buck draw and points do not apply to the doe draw. The Hunt Planner on the WY G&F website is a great place to start. Good luck!

BUT, if you dont draw your buck tag, your still paying for the doe tag.

So I would just need to research units that have doe tags available to draw? I see the initial application, then is there a leftover listing? I did not realize they were a separate application. If I read correctly I just need to match up a unit that I think I can get a buck tag and then research the units that have type 6, 7, or 8 doe tags available after the draw? Then I could get 2 of those tags giving me a total of 3?

So I would just need to research units that have doe tags available to draw? I see the initial application, then is there a leftover listing? I did not realize they were a separate application. If I read correctly I just need to match up a unit that I think I can get a buck tag and then research the units that have type 6, 7, or 8 doe tags available after the draw? Then I could get 2 of those tags giving me a total of 3?
Yes and for pronghorn most likely the type 6 tag. Also like walitibob mentioned there us a box you can check that says to opt out of the doe/dawn drawing if you are unsuccessfully drawing your any antelope tag.

You will apply for your buck, any antelope, tag and your doe tags at the same time just different apps I believe. You can opt out of doe tags if you don't draw a buck tag by checking that box.
Do not wait for the left over application for your doe tags.
Application period will be Jan-May with the drawing in early June. Apply for the type 1 or 2 tags then and your reduced price doe tags as well.
You could also apply for doe tags in an area close to your chosen buck area, they do not have to be the same area.

Back