Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Matt Rinella knocking it outta the park

Was the nonsense Doug was always posting not complete satire and outright trolling? I really thought he was posting utter fabrications to get a rise out of people and have a few laughs - was he serious?

Here's a good one going on. Matt Rinella posted a video of this dude (Matt Alwine) rolling down an elk with it's head cut off as an example of content that doesn't paint hunters in a good light. Alwine thinks it's "educational" content and worthy of a post. Turns out the dude is a poacher on multiple accounts and seems to lack in character/has little respect for wildlife. I saw that Brian Call (AKA seal team 6 operator wanna be/below average hunter) liked the content. I tagged him in the comments and asked why a self proclaimed "conservationist" thought this content was something worthy of a like. I might have to quit the internet for a while before my blood pressure goes to chit.

View attachment 305826View attachment 305824View attachment 305825
His 4 savages are probably next level law breakers already. Sorry for them kids.

Here's a good one going on. Matt Rinella posted a video of this dude (Matt Alwine) rolling down an elk with it's head cut off as an example of content that doesn't paint hunters in a good light. Alwine thinks it's "educational" content and worthy of a post. Turns out the dude is a poacher on multiple accounts and seems to lack in character/has little respect for wildlife. I saw that Brian Call (AKA seal team 6 operator wanna be/below average hunter) liked the content. I tagged him in the comments and asked why a self proclaimed "conservationist" thought this content was something worthy of a like. I might have to quit the internet for a while before my blood pressure goes to chit.

View attachment 305826View attachment 305824View attachment 305825
People are so overly sensitive to death these days. Not sure how rolling an elk down a hill hurts someones feelings, but I can't say I'm surprised.

I don't give a salient chit about Cam Hanes or Joe Rogan - in particular their opinions on the hunting I do. Far as I can tell, they are outsiders.

The recent instagram of Matt in his kitchen talking smack to Cam Hanes and Rogan though - it just doesn't look good. Feels childish and petty. He's lost any efficacy he had in my mind. Also, over his left shoulder looks to be half-gallon of Canadian Mist - questionable judgement indeed.

Everyone involved now seems committed to a race to the bottom.

People are so overly sensitive to death these days. Not sure how rolling an elk down a hill hurts someones feelings, but I can't say I'm surprised.
I don't think it hurts anybody feelings on here. The stupidity of posting it for the reaction and publicity is what's annoying. The definition of what people hate about hunting personalities. He admits to posting it just for the reaction.

I don't think it hurts anybody feelings on here. The stupidity of posting it for the reaction and publicity is what's annoying. The definition of what people hate about hunting personalities. He admits to posting it just for the reaction.
What's even worse is he admits to teaching his children these things and that's 3 more nozzles for the future.

I don’t have a strong opinion on the roll; but I can’t see any reason to post it online for tons of people to see. That’s just him wanting attention and to cause a stir. Pretty lame seeing other influencers and people in the hunting industry defending the convicted poacher that he is. I listened to a podcast where he briefly touched on his conviction and he truly downplayed it as overblown and a game warden that was just out to get him

People are so overly sensitive to death these days. Not sure how rolling an elk down a hill hurts someone's feelings, but I can't say I'm surprised.
I think an elk with its head cut off tumbling down a hill while I'm laughing is something I'd never consider posting on the internet. It doesn't "hurt my feelings" one bit but I don't think it's appropriate content to post in the name of hunting. Sure, it's part of it, I've slid animals down mountains many times to get them closer to trails or to a flat spot.

I think it's an interesting discussion on where to draw the line with what's acceptable vs. too far, etc. To @Nameless Range 's point, maybe Matt's approach of fighting fire with fire is a race to the bottom. I personally think it's a reasonable approach to publicly oppose these "influencers" on the platforms they use to gain attention and followings.

I have a family member that is your typical Portlandia stereotype. She and I couldn't be more opposite from each other. She went vegan because she tried shooting a deer for meat and decided it was too hard for her. After many discussions with her (initiated by her) at family gatherings about hunting she is back to being interested in eating meat but feels the need to hunt it herself (I can respect that). I feel like if I disregarded her views and was unsensitive to her perspective I could have been the one responsible for turning her into an advocate against hunting. Instead, she might become one. Her other sister (also very opposite from my wife and I) trades us canned goods, organic pork, and other items for elk meat. She understands that access and public land are important issues that impact hunting opportunities. She would probably loose it If I sent her dead animal photos. IDK the answer just some situations I've found myself in and because of them I've really thought hard about how I represent myself as a hunter, especially to non-hunters.

I think an elk with its head cut off tumbling down a hill while I'm laughing is something I'd never consider posting on the internet. It doesn't "hurt my feelings" one bit but I don't think it's appropriate content to post in the name of hunting. Sure, it's part of it, I've slid animals down mountains many times to get them closer to trails or to a flat spot.

I think it's an interesting discussion on where to draw the line with what's acceptable vs. too far, etc. To @Nameless Range 's point, maybe Matt's approach of fighting fire with fire is a race to the bottom. I personally think it's a reasonable approach to publicly oppose these "influencers" on the platforms they use to gain attention and followings.

I have a family member that is your typical Portlandia stereotype. She and I couldn't be more opposite from each other. She went vegan because she tried shooting a deer for meat and decided it was too hard for her. After many discussions with her (initiated by her) at family gatherings about hunting she is back to being interested in eating meat but feels the need to hunt it herself (I can respect that). I feel like if I disregarded her views and was unsensitive to her perspective I could have been the one responsible for turning her into an advocate against hunting. Instead, she might become one. Her other sister (also very opposite from my wife and I) trades us canned goods, organic pork, and other items for elk meat. She understands that access and public land are important issues that impact hunting opportunities. She would probably loose it If I sent her dead animal photos. IDK the answer just some situations I've found myself in and because of them I've really thought hard about how I represent myself as a hunter, especially to non-hunters.
You are the kind of "influencer' I appreciate. Good on you!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loper96
Back