Master angler

Youre the expert. Wyoming is a good central location for a met up. I'd just be happy to be fishin, meeting some of you fellow ruffians would be a bonus

Ah, I was on the sauce last night and thought you were asking where I caught the fish. I haven't figured Hattie out, so I stick to the shallower lakes.

Most are caught by casual fisherman, so its not really an accomplishment, just right place, right time. How many state records are held by professionals? Very few if any.

So when a 390 bull is shot by a casual hunter who works a 9 to 5 it’s not an accomplishment either. Just right place right time. Only a professional should be recognized by B&C. Gotcha

I think the value of the master angler programs is anyone has a chance to catch a nice fish and get one without investing years to become an expert. The programs are interesting for some and not for others, that’s fine.

The trend towards competition in hunting and fishing I find very disturbing. It should be first and foremost about experiencing nature. Then filling the freezer is a very distant second. Somewhere after that is the socializing experience, if applicable. No other rewards or incentives should even be on the list. Needless to say, bass tournaments are completely repulsive to me. I vividly remember the salmon derbies at Port Angeles when I was a ranger out there in the eighties. Those affairs attracted the scum of the earth. People were even shooting at each other! It was awful. And no, I didn't buy a ticket, but I listened to the fights on marine radio while fishing cohos out at the border.

So when a 390 bull is shot by a casual hunter who works a 9 to 5 it’s not an accomplishment either. Just right place right time. Only a professional should be recognized by B&C. Gotcha

I think the value of the master angler programs is anyone has a chance to catch a nice fish and get one without investing years to become an expert. The programs are interesting for some and not for others, that’s fine.
Omg this was a light hearted thread, dont take it so seriously.

If you want to see people "taking it seriously", you should troll around on the Colorado fishing forums and see how much bickering the 'adults' do over their MA awards. It's freaking hilarious...
Lmao, I agree completely. I had to leave most of them unfortunately. I like the C&R debates the most

Back