Masks after vaccine-why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marshian

Its frustrating to me to see how many of our political and medical leaders continue advocating masks even after vaccination. I would like to give them the benefit of the doubt and think they are doing this to set a good example for those who want a vaccine but haven’t been able to get one yet. That’s about the only logical explanation IMO. I certainly hope that sometime this summer when every last American who wants a vaccine can get one, that the social distancing and commonplace masking fade off. End of rant.

The vaccine protects you from strong symptoms of the virus, but does not make you immune, and does not make it impossible to carry & spread the virus, especially to other people who are not vaccinated. This information is readily available when searching for information on any of the vaccines.

So it keeps you from dying, but it doesn't keep you from catching it- it hobbles the virus, but doesn't kill it.

Because the entire thing is fake and gay. This is about submission, not health. This wont go away until we have mass non compliance. The more people submit to the muzzle, the vaccine, the tests, the longer this goes on. Everybody that goes along with this crap is responsible for its existence.

The vaccine protects you from strong symptoms of the virus, but does not make you immune, and does not make it impossible to carry & spread the virus, especially to other people who are not vaccinated. This information is readily available when searching for information on any of the vaccines.

So it keeps you from dying, but it doesn't keep you from catching it- it hobbles the virus, but doesn't kill it.
Yup, R.K. nailed it.

This is my point, I’m somewhat ok with wearing masks now, although wide open states like Florida and Texas aren’t doing any worse than tightly locked down states. But my original point is that, after all Americans have had their chance, then why? If people don’t want it, fine, but that risk is on them. Otherwise it seems we will be masking and distancing indefinitely. What’s the endpoint then?

Because the entire thing is fake and gay. This is about submission, not health. This wont go away until we have mass non compliance. The more people submit to the muzzle, the vaccine, the tests, the longer this goes on. Everybody that goes along with this crap is responsible for its existence.
You’re a Clown

You're really trying to live up to your username on this one.

This is my point, I’m somewhat ok with wearing masks now, although wide open states like Florida and Texas aren’t doing any worse than tightly locked down states. But my original point is that, after all Americans have had their chance, then why? If people don’t want it, fine, but that risk is on them. Otherwise it seems we will be masking and distancing indefinitely. What’s the endpoint then?
After everybody has had their chance, there will still be some unvaccinated due to risk for allergic reaction, as well as those who were pregnant or otherwise ineligible. I agree this has to end, but I'm not sure where the line of "everything is normal" really lies. Hoping it comes sooner rather than later, though- I really miss going out for a drink with friends.

I guess I don't really understand the argument that this is about control - control to what end? Is this presumed to numb the american people so that at some point in the future we as a people are more compliant somehow? Judging by the amount of non-compliance we see now I'm not too worried about gov't control somehow piggybacking on a mask mandate.
For the time being I think I think I'll err on the side of politeness and caution and gladly wear a mask. It seems a pretty small price to pay for the potential benfit of saving anyone from getting Covid and causing any amount of stress or health risk.

After everybody has had their chance, there will still be some unvaccinated due to risk for allergic reaction, as well as those who were pregnant or otherwise ineligible. I agree this has to end, but I'm not sure where the line of "everything is normal" really lies. Hoping it comes sooner rather than later, though- I really miss going out for a drink with friends.
At that point, I am no longer willing to “do my part”. Prior to Covid, severely immunocompromised people were in danger from common viruses yet all of society didn’t bend over backwards to accommodate. This is where we are heading post ubiquitous vaccination status. Count me out on that. If you own the business, I’ll respect it if I must shop there but overall I’ll go elsewhere. And any public place, forget it.

I respectfully disagree with you, sir. I would say quite the opposite would occur under your proposed scenario.

I respectfully disagree with you, sir. I would say quite the opposite would occur under your proposed scenario.
So the sooner we all start following all of the ridiculous rules, the sooner they stop trying to control our every move? That makes sense. What a fool ive been.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back