Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Mask up on federal lands

I think you guys are really reading into this way too much. The intention is to have people follow cdc guidelines in federal property. Think about the federal properties where thousands of people work every day.
Maybe this is just a lesson on how poorly the news media is at getting info to the public.

Even if Pres Biden were writing the script, masking would not be egregious.

...and everything is related.

I wish I could find the pictures I took of some federal lands mask wearers last month through my spotting scope. It was 4 miles from the trailhead in the Superstition Wilderness.
Just two girls in yoga pants and their phone and a tripod, doing what I assume is a tiktok dance on the edge of a several hundred foot cliff with their masks on with Weaver’s needle behind them. It takes many kinds I guess.

I wish I could find the pictures I took of some federal lands mask wearers last month through my spotting scope. It was 4 miles from the trailhead in the Superstition Wilderness.
Just two girls in yoga pants and their phone and a tripod, doing what I assume is a tiktok dance on the edge of a several hundred foot cliff with their masks on with Weaver’s needle behind them. It takes many kinds I guess.
Wow must have been good glassing I think I’d take a peek if some yoga pants were back 4 miles

I think you guys are really reading into this way too much. The intention is to have people follow cdc guidelines in federal property. Think about the federal properties where thousands of people work every day.
I’ll bet you a dollar right now that when I renew my CUAs in Alaska they require a mask in the Alaska wilderness😇

The vast majority of the US population is in larger cities and areas where there is not wide open unpopulated areas. “Federal Lands” also include Monuments, like the Washington Monument, National Parks, like Central Park, which are visited by larger amounts of people most days. They are not referring to that 1/4 section of BLM in the middle of Wyoming.

I’m really glad many of you are not employees of mine, working with you must be really frustrating.
They are near where I live. In the mountains, on public lands, wearing masks. I'm positive with Sleepy Joe at the wheel, making this mandate, they will be taking their pics of people in the forest and blasting those awful non- maskers on face book.

Can always hope that common sense will prevail. I can't see Federal LE guys issuing citations to hunters/hikers headed up a trail on USFS land for not wearing a face mask. Probably should mask up if you are walking in to a USFS office.
Sign outside the FS door in Reverse has required masks to enter since last year. No brainer.
I don't go anywhere in the public without one and wear it inside, take it off when I'm back outside,away from others.

We made it a few hours before the first tenuously hunting related political post of the new administration. Some things stay the same.

View attachment 170827
Deposit ridiculous hyperbolic nonsense here.

In the alternative, we could rely on the text of the order.
Accordingly, to protect the Federal workforce and individuals interacting with the Federal workforce, and to ensure the continuity of Government services and activities, on-duty or on-site Federal employees, on-site Federal contractors, and other individuals in Federal buildings and on Federal lands should all wear masks, maintain physical distance, and adhere to other public health measures, as provided in CDC guidelines.

Last edited by a moderator:
They are near where I live. In the mountains, on public lands, wearing masks. I'm positive with Sleepy Joe at the wheel, making this mandate, they will be taking their pics of people in the forest and blasting those awful non- maskers on face book.
And zero harm will come of it.

If this virus is still around this fall, I could see need to mask up when hunting the Custer.
Not a bad idea anyway. Last time I was there, I think my BAC might have been over the legal limit due to second hand alcohol exposure from all the mouth breathing road hunters I passed on the way out.

Let me be the first to say it, again....

Elections have consequences
Yeah, the last 4 years surely taught us that...just like the 4 years prior...and the 4 years prior to that...and the 4 prior to that...etc. etc. etc.

Each administration has policies that some agree with, some don't, and a vast majority that don't care one way or the other.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back