Marsupial Gear Enclosed Bino Harness

B

BuglinDrew

Continuing my hunt for a bino harness that I don't have to fight with all of the time, I'm seeing great reviews on here and elsewhere for the Marsupial Gear Enclosed harness and I'm about ready to pull the trigger. My binos are Vortex Diamondback 12x50, I'm reading some reviews that say people are having a hard time fitting certain models of 12x50 and larger binos in the medium sized harness.

So, does anyone out there with 12x50 binos or larger have any experience with this harness? I'm not afraid of something a little bit bulkier on my chest - I would prefer that to needing to use two hands to get my nockers out all the time - would anyone with any experience with this situation recommend the medium or large sized harness?

Thanks in advance!

I have no experience with 12x's, but I have found their sizing chart to be right on for several pairs of 10x42s fitting my size small harness. I would have no issue trusting their sizing chart for your binos as well. The website says you need a size medium.

Thanks for the replies. I saw a couple of reviews that made me a little nervous about their size chart but it sounds like it's time to pull the trigger!

Continuing my hunt for a bino harness that I don't have to fight with all of the time, I'm seeing great reviews on here and elsewhere for the Marsupial Gear Enclosed harness and I'm about ready to pull the trigger. My binos are Vortex Diamondback 12x50, I'm reading some reviews that say people are having a hard time fitting certain models of 12x50 and larger binos in the medium sized harness.

So, does anyone out there with 12x50 binos or larger have any experience with this harness? I'm not afraid of something a little bit bulkier on my chest - I would prefer that to needing to use two hands to get my nockers out all the time - would anyone with any experience with this situation recommend the medium or large sized harness?

Thanks in advance!
I have Nikon 12x56 and they are too snug for the large. I purchased the AGC Denali and they fit perfectly. Marsupial makes extremely good products. The AGC is also well made. Both are made in the USA.

For myself I would purchase the Marsupial. I bought two of the open style last year for two different size binos so my bino harness budget is blown for a few years. I really like the harness and the case as its not to bulky. I do have an Alaskan That is really bullet proof and carries a lot more items including my rangefinder and phone. If I didnt mine the bulk I would probably use it more but find the Marsupials more comfortable.

Finally decided I needed a real bino harness/case. Watched several reviews last night.
Just ordered from Marsupial for my binos & range finder. 10x50's
Excellent size chart on their site.
Even comes in NM dirt brown.

Anyone with the marsupial able to comment on effects of the magnets on gps or onX on phone? It’s about the only possible negative I have been able to find but seems very mixed in whether it’s a big deal

Thanks again for the recommendations here. By far the best bino harness I have owned, third time's a charm I guess. Fits snug and doesn't move around while I'm hiking and no issues with quickly removing my binos. I personally have not experienced any issues with the magnets messing with my GPS.

I was a bit worried about the magnets after ruining a favorite Silva Compass kept too close to one. There is a way to attach my Garmin away from them. Love molle loops.
They do make several gear bags/holsters that attach.
The new compass goes back in my pocket like I used to do................

Anyone with the marsupial able to comment on effects of the magnets on gps or onX on phone? It’s about the only possible negative I have been able to find but seems very mixed in whether it’s a big deal
Curious about this as well. A couple of harnesses I like the looks of have magnetic closure.

Can’t help with fitment on 12x50s. But i can vouch for the quality of em. Though i did have to replace the “enclosed” version for the “open“ version. My leupold bx4 pro guide 10x42s were impossible to get out of the enclosed version. Required 2 hands and for me to pull on the eye cups (putting un-needed stress on them).

Though i can say customer service has been very helpful so far. Currently awaiting my exchange.

That was fast,less than a week to get them. Excellent customer service too.
The 10x50 Alpens fit perfect in the Med., no slop in the range finder pouch with Vortex 1000. My tripod adapter fits in the front pouch.
I swear a guy my shape fitted the harness,fits perfect with no adjustment needed,yet. I'll see if I have to move it when I wear my pack. More compact than I thought too,very light. Looks like it will keep some NM dust out too. I might spray the lid with nikwax,if it ever rains again..........
So far so good.

My son has one of the new enclosed models. When its cold it makes a bunch of noise opening it. Whatever is the inner lining of the lid creaks. Hopefully they have fixed that.

I have a model from a couple years ago and it makes no noise.

Any updates would be good, hopefully they have corrected the issue.

Back