Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Married to Points?

Zim

Tying the knot this February to a classy lady who, unlike the ex, doesn't have the word "entitlement" in her vocabulary. She knows nothing about hunting so it took some doing to explain to her the long term consequences of my having 20+ years in bonus/pref points in multiple states. She now claims to understand my investment and those hunts will take priority in our schedule. Curious what happens the first time some family event occurs when I got an OIL tag in my pocket. Only time will tell.

Attachments

• Fang Piggy Back.jpg
    Fang Piggy Back.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 597
Last edited:
Some Wife's actually do understand that our hunting trips take priority over everything, but it seems like they are few and far between.
I think that might be part of the reason that a lot of us have been divorced before. lol

Kevin

One thing going for us is that she's retiring in 1 1/2 years and will be retaining her condo in China. She wants to live there 3 months/year and has agreed to try and make these during the fall hunting season, depending on if she gets a part-time job here. Took this selfie a few minutes after proposing at the top of that tower. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• IMG_6394.jpg
    IMG_6394.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 580
Preference and bonus point prenuptial...lol

Well - my prenuptial went like this - I get to go hunting 4 times a year, she agreed,

I chose it to be May, Sept, Oct., Nov. - it's worked out just fine for the first 42 yrs.

When my then future wife picked a date for our wedding she happened to pick Sept. 1st. I had to explain to her that it was opening day of dove season and if she chose that day it would probably be a sore spot with us for the rest of our lives. She then agreed to change the date to the 8th and was very understanding.
That was over 30 years ago so I guess things worked out pretty good.

I think I'm pretty good with the date. Anything in February would work! No hunting around here then.

My wife has her career and life. We are now empty-nesters. If I draw an elk hunt, I go. If she wants to go on a spa trip, she goes. She earns money. I earn money. We pool our money and are responsible so there is no issue if I want to hunt or she wants to go to a spa. We travel on a vacation together most years but usually not in the autumn unless she wants to stay in a city near the hunt. We take shorter trips together to see family and attend graduations, weddings, etc.

I doubt she knows how much my Hilleberg tent cost. I have no idea what a spa treatment costs. She is happy. I am happy. Partners.

Choose wisely.

I'm guessing from the look in her eyes, you have nothing to worry about.. but I've been married four times, so what do I know?

Ha. I got married on Nov. 24 the year before I started hunting. That's almost always opening weekend of deer rifle season here in OK. It's been a headache for 13 years now.

My honeymoon was a bear hunt in Canada where mama pulled the trigger. It's wonderful to have a wife that hunts! Now if some of my luck from the last couple years in the NV draw would swing her way she might not be bitter this year.......We'll see Friday :)

I talked with here today Zim and your done...........

So just in case put me in on your applications so you have a good use of them points. After all you would not want them to go to waste.

Back