Maricle mile

Tyler1215

I will be hunting antelope near casper this oct and looking to do a little Wyoming fishing. I've heard a lot about maricle mile and was wondering if anyone has any information that may help us? We're not expert fishermen by any means and wondering if a diy fishing trip is doable there with out a boat? Any advise or information is greatly appreciated

I will be hunting antelope near casper this oct and looking to do a little Wyoming fishing. I've heard a lot about maricle mile and was wondering if anyone has any information that may help us? We're not expert fishermen by any means and wondering if a diy fishing trip is doable there with out a boat? Any advise or information is greatly appreciated
Plenty of places to wade fish it. Sling a panther martin and you’ll have a great time.

Theres enough bank access to do just fine.

I watched an old timer there drifting a worm with a bobber just slaying rainbows.

I've caught a lot of monsters at the mile. We typically time our trips with the brown trout spawn. But if your not throwing a fly I highly recommend some rapalas in brown trout pattern and silver and black. Just cast into the deep pools and you should hook up with some good fish. You might even hook into some walleye with those.
If you can fly fish my advise is you need weight to get your flies down in the water. Fish scuds, red rock worms, egg patterns, San Juan worms, zebra midges and I personally like swinging streamers on a 2 handed rod. My favorite streamer color is white and yellow.

I'll throw the kitchen sink at them. I just need to tailor my arsenal based off the regs. So is it artificial only?

The river sections are artificial only. But don't discount Pathfinder and seminoe reservoir. They hold a lot of fish and some giant ones. And you can have one heck of a day shore fishing on them.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back