MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Maricle mile

I'll be 'Yak fishing some of the reservoirs, I'll add those to the list. A floating jig w/tail, a 1½ oz weight and a 18" fluoro leader should work for those deeper pools.

Last edited by a moderator:
Leave the bait at home. One of the special stretches of river in North America. Show it proper respect.
I'm afraid, what respect means to you is different than what it means to me.

I've fly fished for 20 years and I'm no longer an elitist. I fish to catch fish. It's not an "Instagram" moment for me. My thrill is the catch. The river doesn't give a flying chit about throwing a parachute adams or drowning a worm under a bobber. I think I will use whatever works best.

I've fly fished for 20 years and I'm no longer an elitist. I fish to catch fish. It's not an "Instagram" moment for me. My thrill is the catch. The river doesn't give a flying chit about throwing a parachute adams or drowning a worm under a bobber. I think I will use whatever works best.
#greengiantcannedcorn

The river won't care, but catch and release (if that is how you roll on said river) with bait v artificial leads to higher mortality on the fish (and it is worse on the big'uns). If you are catching and grilling, then bait v artificial lethality rates should be equal!!

I pinch my barbs down selfishly so if I should hook myself, it goes better for me on the unhooking. The catch and release fish like it better too.

The river won't care, but catch and release (if that is how you roll on said river) with bait v artificial leads to higher mortality on the fish (and it is worse on the big'uns).

I pinch my barbs down selfishly so if I should hook myself, it goes better for me on the unhooking. The catch and release fish like it better too.
Agree with everything! I've pinched many barbs while fishing Slough Creek in the 2000's. I selectively harvest, usually releasing the fish that had a short fight and barely hooked. I took a class on trout in cold water streams. It was fascinating, to say the least.

As long as you follow the rules, than you're just as equal to the angler next to you. If biologists were concerned with mortality rates, they'd change the rules. I C&R 99.9% of the time, could care less if anyone else does.

As long as you follow the rules, than you're just as equal to the angler next to you. If biologists were concerned with mortality rates, they'd change the rules. I C&R 99.9% of the time, could care less if anyone else does.
An extremely refreshing take!

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back