Marias River WMA Montana

For those of you that drew, just a reminder that there are plenty of Grizzly bears and Rattlesnakes to be dealt with in there. Just be cautions when scouting and during your hunts. Good glass is a man's best friend when scouting.

I drew the 3rd week of the rifle this will be the first time for me to hunt it. Not sure what to expect or how to prepare yet, but I'm excited for the opportunity. Any information would be great. It looks like a canoe and camping would be the way to go, so is it legal to camp there?

The third week is the very best, you may see some rut activity. it is legal to camp, there is some rule about hunting access utilizing the stream access law, it is very shallow also in nov... shoot a big one.

There is a confirmed EHD/Blue Tongue die off occurring on the WMA. Hopefully we get a frost soon to put an end to it. I hope they don't lose too many deer.

I did not draw for archery, Got my thank you very much e-mail. Just read my EBJ and if I were a betting man I would say the buck on the cover came from there.

I cancelled my hunt. The EHD die off was pretty bad and I don't feel good about going to kill a buck after much of the population was decimated by disease.

interesting that you cancelled your hunt, i have not seen any affect of ehd on the upper end of the marias,[the only place i looked] have you seen many dead deer...

Anyone know how the whitetails around Augusta are doing? I was thinking about taking a friend out that way later on this fall but am a little suspicious there may be a bunch less deer.

Anyone know how the whitetails around Augusta are doing? I was thinking about taking a friend out that way later on this fall but am a little suspicious there may be a bunch less deer.

Sounded like the Choteau area was hit, but have not heard anything about Augusta. Call Region 4 HQ in Great Falls, they've been generally on top of this.

Was going to spend time looking for a deer up in that neck of the woods but think I'll stick to my pronghorn tag and some birds. Sounds like several landowners around the Marias will curtail access based on the die off as well.

Just heard from a friend who lives up there: More dead deer being found & pronghorn are scarce as hen's teeth.

Great year to pull a 404 antelope tag.

wow that is to bad... i did pheasant hunt valier this weekend and didn't find any dead deer , we were only around the marias for a couple of hours...

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caleb_u
Back