March Madness to be renamed March Quietness 2020

kansasdad

It seems that the NCAA has determined that the tournament will go on, but with no public watching in the stands. Will this perhaps even out the field in a game or two without a homecourt or regional home field advantage??

No mention that I saw for the possibilities for refunds for ticket holders and hotel/VRBO/AirBNB reservation holders will most likely be searching for cancellations.

At this point might just as well simulate the games. Like NBA2K for those with kids or act like a kid.

This is beyond ridiculous. I'll say no more because this topic irritates me to the damn moon and back!

They should just postpone it. Games behind closed doors are incredibly lame.

I’m a huge Serie A fan, and when they went to games behind closed doors it became just unwatchable. The Juventus vs Inter match this past weekend, which is one of the biggest games in soccer, was so weird to watch. You could literally hear every word the players said in the eerie quiet. Now this is a game that would otherwise draw a full house with incredibly passionate and loud fans. Last year I was lucky enough to see this match live at the San Siro in Milan and it was the most incredible sporting event I have ever experienced. What a contrast this year. Now the league finally postponed all games until at least April. Too late though as one of the Juventus players was diagnosed with COVID 19 today.
i suspect same thing will happen with the NCAA. They will try to keep the show going with no fans, but will realize that it sucks and that they are continuing to put their players at risk and thus will have to postpone games somewhere down the line.

Some idiot said don’t worry about it, we can just dubb in the crowd sounds from EA Sports. The real game will be just like the video game and folks won’t notice. #Coronastupify

Last edited:
Just read that a Utah Jazz player is infected and that NBA has suspended rest of season. I would imagine the NCAA does same thing now.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back