Luggage

T Bone

Here's another question. I'm guessing one would pack the backpack full of all neccesary gear and put it inside a duffel type bag. Is that right?

T Bone,
I'm going to ship my packs, and other bulky gear up to the air taxi's place a few weeks before I leave for the hunt. I think that's the way in normally works.

TY, When I went up, We put the Backpacks FLAT in a BIG Bag, Packed stuf around it and shipped it up that way. Another way is Pack it to the Hilt, Get a Plastic Bag from the Airport and Send it that way as a BAg.

Are you planning on Driving to Boise and Flying from here I guess ? Or are you Flying to Boise ? Other ways to Save Space is get a Dual Guncase and a Bow Case. when I went to New Zealand and Also Canada we Duck taped the Guncase to the Bow Case and checked it on as 1 bag. that opened up out options alot more....

We can Ship stuff up with Paul too prior to Departure. I'm guessing at the Rate you are Posting you'll be ready and PAcked about 13 months before we go ;)

I've done it two ways....I've shipped it prior to the trip like Dan plans to...One advantage of doing this is that you can ship it back home the same way , which allows you to bring home more boxes of meat and capes as baggage on the airline without paying excess baggage fees..

Other trips, I have packed the pack full, frame attached and then wrapped the whole thing in a plastic bag as Moosie says..If you do it this way, line the INSIDE of the pack with a clear plastic bag and put your clothes, etc. inside it...That way when you get to camp you can just lift the clear bag out of your pack and it will serve as your "duffel" inside your tent.The clear plastic makes it easier to see to dig things out as you need them...

We also Shipped up Extra Bags (Float Bags) with our lugage of Various Sizes. When we got there the First day We checked everything with our List one last time. Split things in bags that went together. We had all the Toiletries in one bag (Small 10" clear see through)and cloths in another.

One thing that LGB pointed out and we did was get a Bucket with a Lid. this 5GAl bucket did 2 things. We kept all the food in it to keep the Scent locked and the Food dry, and We also used it for a Seat. Guys that Fly you in want the bags to be in Managable sizes.

T-Bone. Just an FYI, the trip we're going on the PACK FRAMES are already up there. We're using MOOSE PACKS with the Shelves on them. Thats the Same thing me and dad used last year and they work Awsome. All I'm bringing up is that Little External frame pack that Warren and Me have the Same one. We can Pack enough in it for an Overnighter but it's also alot smaller and More mobil. You can Definately bring a Frame pack next year but I'm not going to. That will be just more weight for the COKE and Candybars ;)

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back