Lucky SOB

drthornton

Got a call from a 435 number this afternoon. Didn't know the area code but the family and I were coming back from a long weekend at the lake so I decided to answer.

A sweet young lady said "Hi this is Kathy from the Utah Division of Wildlife Resources. We show you applied for a Central Mountains Manti Any Weapon Bull Elk tag in the draw. Well, someone returned a tag and you are 1st alternate would you like to buy this tag?"

Cha I want it!!!!!

With only 5 points man do I feel like one lucky SOB.

I also drew a WY Gen Elk tag earlier this year. I am filing this predicament under "Problems I want to have".

Yes you are one Lucky SOB! Some somebody has to be it, lucky you! Congrats

That is exactly what happened to me last year. I thought it was some sort of BS call when I listened to it on the answering machine. I was on that like a rat on a Cheeto.

Congrats. Hope you have a great hunt.

Lucky SOB is right. It never ceases to amaze the tags people turn back.

I had that same tag a couple years ago and live in the unit. If you need some areas to start in let me know.

Sure wish Colorado would do that. I was told by the DOW that tags that are turned in aren't used. What a waste.

I had that same tag a couple years ago and live in the unit. If you need some areas to start in let me know.

Thank You! To be honest I had this hunt on my list for 2021 as an archery tag. I decided a few years ago to go ahead and apply and just try to get lucky. Didn't actually think it would work. My research to this point is not nearly as detailed as it should be for a hunt 40 days away.

Let me put together some detailed ideas of the unit and how to hunt it and I will bounce them off you.

Thank again for the offer!

Good news indeed! Just to say something about the area, the stats show 83% early season success rate, and 72% late season rate. Average days was 4.4, wish you the best of luck and I'm up I15 if you need anything give us a holler!

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back