Caribou Gear Tarp

Lot to lot bullet variation

I’m not familiar with the RCBS mic but just looked it up. It’s not what I would recommend but if you can use it to produce your results then have at it.
I prefer to use a comparator on a caliper for my measurements. Very easy to use and measure the loaded rounds coming out of the seating die.
Another problem is since your bullets are measuring different lengths on the Ogive you would then need to adjust your die accordingly to get it to .150 off for that given round. You can’t just set the die and mic depth and make them all that length.
What reloading dies are you using?

One thing you can do is weigh each bullet and make sure weights are all consistent. If weights are consistent then check your loads and make sure they are consistent. If you have variation in the weights that will cause differences in the accuracy on the target. Variations should be very tiny. If you have more than 1-3% variation in weights I would do some evaluation of the whole cartridge and see where the variance occurs at and consult the manufacturer if needed.

Back