MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Lope tactics and tricks for early season

schmalts

Someone told me about hanging a white t-shirt or garbage bag on a fence for a decoy. Is this true that they will fall for that trick to investigate it? anyone ever actually done it?

We've done it during the off season.. Had several goats come look. Unfortunately they were all does..

I've seen guys make a ground blind out of burlap bags and a wire frame. Walk upto within a few yards of a herd.. We were going to try that this year if we'd drawn an archery tag. Hear my archery tag went to some guy from North Carolina.. Too bad...

:cool:

its works like dan says,
Ive played with the lopes here alot trying different things, bucks and does are about the same they are skiddish at times, mainl when they have young around.
if its just a few lopes they will generally run alot more, if its alot of lopes they will generally let you walk right up to them.
This is based on AZ lopes they are not hunted hard and they are not shot at lot.
but where your going lopes are shot at alot so things might be different.

when sneaking up on them I like to wear a white shirt. I can pretty much walk right up on them if I am slightly crouthed over. walking up right they look at your funny and run.
crawling they bolt.

A buddy of mine and I walked right too a few(about 40 yards) on day he had tan camo on and I had a white t-shirt. I stayed behind him and a little off to the side and we walk straight lined.

I also know of a few guys that take a cow cut-out made of plywood or cardboard they have been extreamly successful it generally takes 2 people one to hold the cutout and the shooter to get ready to shoot.

Delw

Back