Caribou Gear Tarp

Looks like a good rain in NM

NM folks: looks to me like the monsoon is off to a good start, things starting to look a little better down there?

Any news on precip in northern NM, Carson NF west of Tres Piedras or Santa Fe NF east of Santa Fe and Espanola? My wife got lucky and drew a couple tags in those areas

I’ve been watching the weather Radar for Carson NF closely. glad to see some precip there for sure. Wish MT and northern CA would get some too and help with all the firefighting efforts.

1.125" last night.
Tanks overflowing here. Bet some roads washed out. It was a doozy of a light show too.
Most rain at my place in 12 years this early in monsoon season. It has just been sucking it up. Best gramma grass too. It's beating out the weeds.
Going to be some fat elk & decent racks I think.

We went from winter to summer. June is a hot dry month, usually.Very hot.
Got 1st measurable rain in 12 yrs in late June. Even a downpour the last week.
Rain every evening so far in July.Light rains. Cooler days & nights.
Just hoping the monsoons stick around & add some inches to the total this year.
Still bone dry in most of the SW.
That's great news! My daughter drew a unit 12 tag and we've delayed our scouting trip due to the rains. Last weekend looked too wet and the same with this weekend. I didn't want to take a chance of muddy roads hampering our scouting. We're hoping to hit it the weekend of Aug 7'th. Bad thing is that it might be hard to tell the difference between a water hole and a mud puddle.
Hank, do they still have pie at Pie Town? Pie at Pie Town is a big motivator for my young hunter. Hopefully you can provide me with a good scouting report on exactly where the pies are located! We might bag a couple while we're in the area.

I was looking at precip data from the RAWS sites around the Gila NF. Most sites are reporting 3.75 - 4" of rain since June 1st. T or C has been wetter yet but didn't look at the numbers.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back