Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Looks like a good rain in NM

Silver City received a good shower on Sunday, easily our biggest precip event of the year. I heard mention of 0.6" recorded. More fell last night. It's a good start, still a long way from what is needed.

High was 73 yesterday. Damn near had to dig out a jacket....

Last edited:
Probably received another 1/2" since noon today. It has been hitting portions of Unit 16 B, not sure how much 16 A or D are getting. I'll head up there this weekend to look.

SE NM has been the big winner so far, let's hope this gets more widespread and kicks off a good monsoon. At my house in ABQ I've only got about 0.2", sure looks like it should have been more with the cool and damp weather. High yesterday was in the 60's, it was 115 in Portland OR, poor suckers.

Off and on rain for five days now, from drizzly light stuff to good hard rain. Kinda like Oregon and NM weathermen got things backwards. Hoping for a good monsoon - the storms mess up some of my outside and in the mountain time, but it's worth it to have the moisture. Calling for more days of rain from this setup.

I don't live out there but a good friend of mine does and he has been sending me regular reports about how good the rain is right now. My wife has a elk tag and I have a deer tag and he said the way it looks right now its going to be a great year to have a tag.

Wished we could send some of this East Texas rain out that way… we’ve had more than our share of rain this a year.

@hank4elk , what about you?
We went from winter to summer. June is a hot dry month, usually.Very hot.
Got 1st measurable rain in 12 yrs in late June. Even a downpour the last week.
Rain every evening so far in July.Light rains. Cooler days & nights.
Just hoping the monsoons stick around & add some inches to the total this year.
Still bone dry in most of the SW.

Last edited:
Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back