Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Looking forward to Saturday

I'll tell ya, it never seem to amaze me the skills I've learned . I hunted this buck 2 time this year during bow season and never could get him into bow range but give it opening day Muzzle Loader season , a little doe estrus pee and a bleat call and , YA BABY ! He came sneaking in behind me and was 5 yards at the base of a tree I had set up Friday afternoon. I saw him last year and gave him a pass , I think he's 4.5 YO can't say what he would be like next year. HE'S DONE ! :D Neat part about this hunt I have to portage across the lake to get in to my spot with out letting them know I invaded there territory. I shot, to much smoke to see which way he went or if I even hit him good. So I lessened and 35 yards I hear the important sound Crash ! Funny the area he ran into was where he came out and I found a rub line back in that thicket. So tell me; what do they rub on trails for, to fake us hunters out so they can slide in behind us. Well this guy got made :rofl:
IMAG0397.jpg

BTW 160 gross, give or take an inch. My largest buck to date. I figure it may be another couple years till the next one falls.

Good lookin buck,and a nice thick spot for him to get some age.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back