PEAX Equipment

Looking For Worker(s) Firewood On Site! NW MT

Sytes

If you're in / around Whitefish, I have 4.5 Firs down and chopped in 8' lengths. Need them cut to 16" and quartered/stacked. SEE PICS

Here's the deal, we pay our guy to find wherever he finds, drop standing or dried from prior year, 16" cuts, quartered or more if large rounds, and hauled for $220 (fir/larch). He's out this year - family and work curve ball.

It's been hell finding quality such as he and I'm sick of kicking people off my property for bringing lodgepole when they claimed it's fir / larch, The worst? Dealt with meth-heads who had such screwed up 12"- 20" cuts of recently standing green wood... it was sick! Sent them packing and one was about to get real ruckus-like... pointed at the fancy little cloud stored camera at the top corner of my house overlooking us then asked if he or his bud had warrants or on parole... not another word they split.

Looking for a father/son or someone I will trust on sight with either a good reference from a Hunt Talk member or a member yourself. I will PAY $200 a cord for the wood ALREADY dropped and ON SITE, 2 cords are piled 8' lengths 15' from the wood shed. the other 2 firs are dropped and also cut 8' lengths some 30-75' from the wood shed. Oh, almost forgot... LIMBED as well except some minor limbing on the ground side!

If you know of w/ a good referral who can use the work $... It doesn't get much better. Hunting $... You bring your saws, splitter, etc. You can use my UTV to drag or winch the 8' sections closer - whatever works... basically, I want this as firewood. Good 16" quartered cuts, set for a fireplace.

This is a pic of one of the two fully mature firs and you can see the stump. the void space between the stump, to the right of the pic you see the 8' sections that rolled off.

20210818_171502.jpg

This pic is the base end of a full length mature fir. Building you see in front is the same wood shed in the bottom pic. the downed tree off to the right is the tree in the pic above.

20210818_171611.jpg

This is the wood shed seen by the two other pics with roughly 2 cords (8' lengths).

20210818_171356.jpg

Last edited:
Bump. I received a real friendly offer to knock it out - in typical Hunt Talk fashion at a later date. Thanks and as mentioned, much appreciated. I dig this place! :)

I'm really hoping this opportunity can give a nice boost to someone's hunt funds or whatever. You're welcome to park a camper here for a couple days if you want to do it solo or with another, for all I care.

I planned to offer our 5th wheel, in fact - it is available until this coming Monday. Our daughter turned 18 and we're using it as her stepping stone to living solo, paying "rent", utilities, etc that we'll return to her (unknown to her) once she spreads her wings or gives us the middle finger... likely to come first - haha!

If you can get in and take care of business, you can stay in the 5th wheel up through this coming Monday, make $200 a cord and my wife and I are happy campers! Rent a splitter from Whitefish if you need. Use this as an opportunity to explore NW MT if considering living here, whatever excuse works for you. :)

thumbnail.jpg

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HaileyB
Back