Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Looking for some Plane tickets..

Moosie

Grand poopa
So... Several Years ago I wouldn't have blinked at buying 2 first class tickets and having a Limo Pick me up if I flew some place. Now a days... We've canceled cable, clipping coupons, and.. Etc. What do ya do, it will get better again :D :)

Anyway, I know I don't need to cry and Blues to you guys because I hunt a lot and have gotten to do a lot. But this upcoming trip to Texas I jsut won in 2 weeks for that Essay........ The wife isn't happy but she knows I live to hunt and I have given up pleanty this year and cut down on apps, etc.

Talking to the Outfit I'm going with he said if I wanted to bring my Son (O'Town Age 12) I could bring him down and kill unlimited pigs with me. Wifey wasn't sold on this one bit. A ticket from Boise to "Corpus Christi (CRP)" is around $440. That's killing the Deal to bring the little guy with me.

So, I know alot of you have Flyer Miles, or some contacts. Just wondering if anyone would be willing to sell some Flyer Miles to me to get the Price down for Travel.

Lemme know if any of you have a Hook up !?!?!?!

Thanks Punks :p

His liscense would only be $6, yours would be $45, its at Texas Parks and Wildlife's web page or you can buy them here in the state.

His liscense would only be $6, yours would be $45, its at Texas Parks and Wildlife's web page or you can buy them here in the state.

Uhhhhhhhh thanks Tom ? I should probably also know how much cheese burgers are.... no ?

Have you tried any really low ball offers on priceline?

Tried any other airports? With two flying it might be cheaper to fly to one not as close and renting a car.

What about taking the bus? Isn't that cheaper than flying?

Have you tried the sperm bank to raise funds?

What about giving plasma over lunch hour? In about 6mos you'll have the money.

Sorry, but that's about all the ideas I have.

LOL...... I have looked into San Antonio. It's about $70 cheaper and for 2 people that would cover the rent a car for the days we're down there.

I would go to the sperm bank but something about haven't no activity for 2 weeks throws that option out of the window. 2 days maybe.. but I better be hunting !!!

Bus Might be an Option. I haven't looked at that option yet........

amtrak? or maybe drive yourself? wife has a site where you can price the trip. see if I can get it from her tomorrow for you.

maybe hire the guys here to shuttle you? get someone to drive you to utah. drop you off, have someone from utah take you to colorado, then from colorado to texas. think Tom has volunteered to be your driver there?:eek:

1/2 Price

Moosie:

You know you can cut that in half if you fly from Salt Lake to San Antonio.

It's not that far of a drive from Boise to Salt Lake is it?

Are you going to rent a car anyway? If so, rent it in San Antonio and drive to Corpus Christi.

Do you know anyone who lives in San Antonio? If so, you could eliminate the car rental cost.

KC

a days... We've canceled cable, clipping coupons, and.. Etc. What do ya do, it will get better again
The wife isn't happy but she knows I live to hunt and I have given up pleanty this year and cut down on apps, etc.
After re-reading this part, I think you have some other options to raise some funds. #1. You can teach some spousal negotiations classes! If I had to put those two quotes together, I know I would NOT be going to TX. #2. Have you wife charge to teach the spouses of Hunttalkers how to be 'understanding' wives!!! :D

I would go to the sperm bank but something about haven't no activity for 2 weeks throws that option out of the window. 2 days maybe.. but I better be hunting !!!
Glad to see you've been checking intor your options! ;)

Ok, seriously, if $440 puts that much of a strain on the budget, maybe you shouldn go either. I realize thats an absurd suggeston, but thats the way I would look at it. $400 bucks ain that much. Put it on a credit card, a pawn shop ticket whatever but take the lil guy with you. You will never regret that money spent!!

www.lastminutedeals.com shows something at $395 with similar dates with a car to San Antonio. Then, you'll need a chauffer and gas and time, its about a 3 hour drive from San Antonio to Refugio. Maybe drive and bring the whole family? Rockport is a neat place on the coast with a nice state park and fishing pier, Capano bay has a nice public fishing pier also.

Two times $400 will buy a lot of cheese burgers and you can hunt and fish with your son in Idaho too. Would those guys give you a raincheck on the deal? I guess that might be a lot to ask. Credit cards work, but they charge interest.

There's a neat steak and seafood place in Beeville, TX between San Antonio and Refugio with a tiger mount and some others that are neat too.

tiger.jpg

If you just knew somebody that could record the trial and tribulations of a Father and Son Hunting trip that would help. Do we know anyone who needs to fill an episode for a Hunting Show? Oh Well. John

If you just knew somebody that could record the trial and tribulations of a Father and Son Hunting trip that would help. Do we know anyone who needs to fill an episode for a Hunting Show? Oh Well. John

Somebody hasn't been paying attention to the premise of the hunting show. ;)

if $440 puts that much of a strain on the budget, maybe you shouldn go either.

Whiskers, You should be shot. Nuff said....

I still have money. All I was saying is We are trying to look at cheaper options. Tryingto be Frugal.... Yes, I hate that word, but it's good for me and I neded the Economy to slip to finally learn soemthing. It's like Clipping coupons to save $0.50 for a gallon of milk. Do I have the $0.50 to pay for the Milk... Sure I do.

thanks for the Suggestions though, Sometimes I worry about not getting a serious responce when I post here..... :rolleyes:

#2. Have you wife charge to teach the spouses of Hunttalkers how to be 'understanding' wives!!! :D

1-pointer. Although I do havethe BEST wife in the world, I think alot has to do with the stuff I do when I'm not hunting. I stay up at night with Sick kids, I've NEVER told her NO if she wants to go out with the Girls. That's our Entire married life I've never told her no. I make sure she is well taken care of and I do A LOT with the Kids. Not that I'm bragging but I think it's a 2-way. Some guys Golf and Fish all the time and then complain their wife won't let them hunt ;)

is around $440. That's killing the Deal to bring the little guy with me.

Your the one that said the money was killing the deal.
I was trying to bring you back to reality....$440 ain that much money, take the kid along.

Back