Looking for options

Busyfarmin

Looking for some ideas for a hunt this coming fall. With application season coming up I need to figure out where and what apply for. My problem is that from about the 20th of August until the end of November I am extra busy with farm work so most of the normal hunting season dates dont work for me. Two years ago I did archery antelope in Wyoming in mid august and last year hunted deer in Montana at the end of November. I could do another archery antelope hunt but the deer hunt in November depends on how want crops get done. So what I'm wondering is what else do I have for options, I would like to do another mule deer or give elk a try and would prefer to be able to have a chance bucks and bulls. Any input is appreciated. Thanks

Firearms whitetail ( and mule deer if you draw the stamp) in Kansas is generally the first Wednesday after Thanksgiving, and extends for ten days. Archery deer continues for antlered deer through the end of December.

late season cow elk in Wyoming
This! I did one last year and it's a good time and a great freezer filler.

If you are into upland game at all, I'd also suggest a javelina/desert quail hunt in AZ in Jan/February. We hired a guide for a day of Mearn's quail hunting then spent four days hunting our HAM javelina tags. Good time in some very neat country. I'm considering going back for more of the quail hunting as that was a blast. HAM javelina tags are pretty easy to get. IIRC we got our on a left over list.

Back