Yeti GOBOX Collection

Looking for a pup

Gallatin valley and beyond is full of labs from a breeder in Three Forks.good reputation ...but don't know their current status. Happy to PM if interested.

Thanks greenhorn, I talked to Austin the other day, seems like a good guy and yonder looks like a good dog. We aren't going to be quite ready the when that litter is ready. We are hoping for late spring through summer so I can get a new kennel built and we can finish potty training our 2 year old. He said they have two more litters coming this spring though so I need to run down there.

I don't know if they are still around, the people who own/owned the bed and breakfast in Martinsdale breed English labs. I don't know anything about them but that's someone. Talking to her she seemed to know what she was talking about.

Lighfoot on the Rockslide forum has a whole pile of brand new good looking Chocolate Lab Pups.
Look for he heading"Too many Pups":cool:

X2 on what phutch30 said about EIC. I had a dog a while back from what was a reputable breeder in MN, amazing dog, hunted hard, loved his humans when at home, just phenomenal all around. When he was 2 he had his first seizure, I thought he was caught in a snare but couldn’t find the wire. He snapped out of it after 30 seconds or so and kept on hunting. He would have an episode nearly every time in the field, but at home on a normal day never had an issue. When he was 10 he had a seizure in the water, but I was close enough to jump in and save him. He and I both knew from that point on he was done around water. He went totally blind at 13 but was an absolute trooper and had a good life. He made it to 14 and that is when he turned really old really fast. That is when we had to let him go. Toughest part about owning a dog for sure. Bottom line is they can live with EIC and get to be old, but it is no joke. A reputable breeder won’t have an EIC carrier in their mix, you should demand the same.
I think it so funny you brag Ammo is in your dogs pedigree then say a reputable breeder would not have an EIC carrier in their mix. News flash Ammo was an EIC carrier. Many top field trial dogs are EIC carriers. They just have to breed to clear dog and no worries. Two carriers being bred is what happened to your other dog which was beyond stupid on the breeders part. To say you need a clear clear parents then you are missing on on some great dogs.

Jazztime Labs in Charlo MT had great studs that throw great pups. You should check them out.

You’re right, I misspoke. I meant carrier bred to another carrier.

If willing to check out Canadian breeders, check out Oak Lane Retrievers in Saskatchewan or Gunworth Kennels.

I have a 10 mos BLF from Gunworth and she's been amazing.

I've had my lab for almost nine years now. I have a couple of friends in the field trails and are also breeders. I searching for a pup thru them I got pointed in the direction of buying a failed field trail dog. When I say "failed" the dog just doesn't pan out during field trails. I bought a great hunting and family dog completely trained, hand and whistle trained! Money well spent. 103041

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmich05
Back