Look at me, look at me... I drew a moose tag.

@ the tone
It’d be interesting to know what their “data” shows. When the crash happened. I’ve got my own theory and would like to know if theirs coincides with my time frame
I think most would agree what it is/was.

The areas around me is currently losing a bunch to health issues, largely ticks and it’s absolutely nuts the number that are getting hit on highways. The only bull I’ve seen this year was on Saturday and he was about 50 yards off the highway. I’d guess his days are numbered unfortunately

Hows the recent activity level? Everything still holed up in the heat?

Hows the recent activity level? Everything still holed up in the heat?
Mostly nocturnal still with the heat and no weather to speak of. Makes it really tough to locate bulls as they disappear during the day. Most of camera action is midnight and there are moose but they pass the cameras at that 60-100 foot range and its hard to discern much other than they are moose. There are plenty enough groceries, that they don't have to move far either.

I shared your excitement a few years back. Scouting is always a good idea, even if they move later in the season. I was anxious when I saw the bulls in velvet, but could not find them after the season opened…

View attachment 288143View attachment 288144View attachment 288145
Just curious when your season opened? In my experience here it's a 50/50 here on the opener, maybe a week after they rub they start to wander. I'm not super optimistic that he'll stay put, but if he does, I won't hesitate to put a hole in him.

It's not the end all if so, there are certainly some bigger bulls around and it's a long season. I do love his look though...

Just curious when your season opened? In my experience here it's a 50/50 here on the opener, maybe a week after they rub they start to wander. I'm not super optimistic that he'll stay put, but if he does, I won't hesitate to put a hole in him.

It's not the end all if so, there are certainly some bigger bulls around and it's a long season. I do love his look though...

September 15. I did scout, maybe not as much as I should have, but scouting removed the doubt that there might not be good bulls in the area…

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rds
Back