Yeti GOBOX Collection

Look at me, look at me... I drew a moose tag.

I've never worn them, but would think that they would be very handy in creek crossings, much better than barefoot.
Crocs can be so slippery on wet surfaces that I got tired of slipping and failing on boat docks/wooden decks/my front porch/etc. I tossed mine and vowed to never own another pair.

I had a tag in ID a few years back. BLM cattle were in the unit and left there beyond the allowed end date so lots of black things with 4 legs milling around during my hunt. I hunted rut briefly but roads got greasy from days of rain and bulls were quiet. I vowed to outlaw all black cattle on moose units.

Returned many weeks later when roads froze plus most of the leaves had fallen off the deciduous trees which made it simple to glass into and just above the riparian zones.

Saw several bulls in two hours of driving rutted, two-track roads and picked a bull to drop near the road. I walked to 75 yards or so from broadside bull before shot and only stopped as was “lumpy” ground to walk. Boom, boom, boom, boom. Soaked up 4 lethal shots but turns out unless spine or take out front legs a moose has lots of lungs to deal with things. I double-lunged to reduce meat damage. Amazing how little the moose reacted until got wobbly around Minute two.

Used a hand winch with the anchor one end to a close by stout-enough, biggest tree (4” diameter, maybe) and other to hind leg to quarter. A lot of work for one guy as quartered. An acquaintance helped pack the meat 100 yards or so through spongy riparian turf to my truck. Took 7 hours from rifle blasts to closing truck’s tailgate.

Good-eating meat.

Good luck on tbe tag!!!

Crocs can be so slippery on wet surfaces that I got tired of slipping and failing on boat docks/wooden decks/my front porch/etc. I tossed mine and vowed to never own another pair.

I've done a week long canoe trip with extensive portaging wearing crocs and stalked a couple animals wearing them.

While they do get slippery, the back strap helped a lot and made for ridiculously comfortable portaging.

My first Moose, and my partners first Moose, we handled on the ground with what we had. Honda 110-3 wheeler, bounced and bombed each quarter, back to the truck. I Have Backpacked, a few since, due to kill site. Moose are big and awesome!

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back