Locating CO Pronghorn

rwill67

I'm researching all things pronghorn right now in preparation for my 1st pronghorn hunt coming up in late September in SE Colorado. I've been looking at quite a few articles and forum threads but I'm having issues e-scouting from LA. Is there any type of geographical feature (besides watering holes) I should be on the lookout for when trying to locate these guys using OnXhunt.

Three things antelope need: (1) water, (2) food, and (3) territory that is harder to approach. Generally, you look for the hidden valleys and draws away from the roads that are close to food and water and that's where they will be during hunting pressure. Antelope do like wide, open areas where they can see predators and hunters from a safe distance.

Look for desert wide open basins on the back side of a ridge that runs along a road. Somewhere that is out of sight of the vehicles driving by. Sometimes only 1/4 mile from the road.

I'm assuming muzzy tag. I've been down that way. Water may be common this year, so antelope will be more spread out. If you PM me your unit group, I can give you more info.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back