FFL holders notifications

millerkiller77

This is interesting. I'm assuming it was sent out to all FFL holders regardless of class, I just received it tonight via email

• ATTENTION

As a result of the passage of the Bipartisan Safer Communities Act (BSCA) of 2022, signed into law on June 25, 2022, the NICS Section has been working towards the implementation of an enhanced background check process for persons between the ages of 18-20. The enhancement provides the opportunity for additional outreach and research to be conducted regarding the existence of any juvenile adjudication information and/or mental health prohibition. As a result, transactions on persons between the ages of 18-20 will initially be delayed and the address of the individual will be collected so that the appropriate local and state entities may be contacted. The enhanced process will begin on November 14, 2022, for all transactions on persons under the age of 21 as previously described. Checks on persons under the age of 21 could be extended for a period up to ten business days. Therefore, it is possible for an FFL to be contacted with an updated Brady Transfer Date. As a temporary measure and until the NICS can be updated to provide this information electronically, NICS staff will be calling FFLs to advise of any change in the transfer date. In preparation for calls from NICS, you will be asked to verify your license number and code word. You may wish to have this information readily available for you and your staff.
    All descriptive information, including address, will follow normal purge requirements (i.e., deleted from NICS within 24 hours of the FFL receiving a proceed status.) Please note, if no potentially prohibiting information is located, the transaction will be proceeded as soon as possible.

• ATTENTION

Beginning Monday, September 26, 2022, the FBI will be implementing two new features to the NICS transaction process. First, FFLs will be asked to provide the address of the buyer in certain cases. The FBI is required under the NICS Denial Notification Act to notify local law enforcement within 24 hours of a deny decision based on the FFL location and the applicant’s residence, if different. Second, FFLs will see a message from the NICS on attempted purchases for persons under the age of 21 who are buying outside of their home state. This message is meant to assist FFLs in identifying purchase scenarios where attention to varying state laws may be warranted.

• ATTENTION

If you are using newest Mozilla Firefox version you may see a reversal of certain dates. For example, a person’s date of Birth maybe displayed as 23/12/1975 instead of 12/23/1975. However, users can change the date setting by opening the menu in the upper right corner (3 horizontal lines) and select options. Scroll down to Language and Appearance, Language, and press the “Choose” button. You will need to add English and remove English/UK.

• ATTENTION

Reminder: After entering your customer's descriptive information into the search screen on E-Check be certain to verify on the verification page that the customer's information is correct. Some browsers have an autofill feature that may auto populate incorrect information into one or more of the fields.

• NOTICE

E-Check Customer Service Phone: 833-297-HELP (4357) (available Monday through Friday, 9 a.m.- 5 p.m. ET, excluding holidays). Please note that this number should only be utilized by Federal Firearms Licensees (FFLs) as it pertains to E-Check issues and questions. E-Check Online Customer Service is also available 7 days a week 8a.m. – 1:30a.m. ET by selecting “Ask the FBI NICS for Assistance” above or https://forms.fbi.gov/assistance-with-nics-processing-issues.

WTF?
So thankful they are looking out for our safety by screening youth and implementing red flag policies. Infringing on the 2A is fine, it’s for our safety.
Such Horse Shit!

The difference and reasoning, as I understand, reading Senator Lindsay Graham's comment:

CONCLUSION:

“This legislation will not magically solve all of our problems when it comes to gun violence. Deranged individuals who are intent on killing and maiming others will find ways to accomplish their hateful objective.

“However, I do think there is a greater likelihood this legislation will help us avert a mass killing than prevent a law-abiding citizen from losing their constitutional right to keep and bear arms.

“My goal from the start was to have a constitutional system that can intervene in time to stop unstable, mentally ill from obtaining firearms and killing innocent people. The legislation is not perfect, but we must not let the perfect become the enemy of the good. That is why I hope it will pass the U.S. Senate in a strong bipartisan vote.”

See the attached .PDF (same as the link though this PDF has been uploaded for convenience).

Attachments

• Bipartisan_safer_communities_act_text.pdf
    150.5 KB · Views: 2
Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ram0307
Back