Liver, antelope, circa 2020

sapperJ24

I just found a 2.5 pound antelope liver wrapped November 2020 in the bottom of my freezer. I didn't harvest anything this year (0 for like 9 tags or something) so getting to the stuff that's been buried.

I had liver once in the army, wasn't a fan then, but willing put that more on the cook and try it again, maybe. How does antelope liver compare with other liver? I'm a big fan of antelope in general.

So anyone have any experiences or recommendations for this 27 month old antelope liver. Or are my dogs about to be pumped for the next month?

If you're really a man you can eat it raw. Slice thin with a little salt and down the hatch. A quick sear is good too. If you over cook liver it gets this really unpleasant putty texture. Sometimes I'll slather it with honey if it is a strong liver.

I just found a 2.5 pound antelope liver wrapped November 2020 in the bottom of my freezer. I didn't harvest anything this year (0 for like 9 tags or something) so getting to the stuff that's been buried.

I had liver once in the army, wasn't a fan then, but willing put that more on the cook and try it again, maybe. How does antelope liver compare with other liver? I'm a big fan of antelope in general.

So anyone have any experiences or recommendations for this 27 month old antelope liver. Or are my dogs about to be pumped for the next month?
Best recipe I've found for liver is this. Find a cedar board about an inch thick. Get some of those big banana leaves and some twine. Put the liver on the board and wrap the whole thing in banana leaves and tie it up with the twine. Next dig a pit and cover the bottom of that pit with hot coals. Put the leaf wrapped container in the ground and cover with more coals. Cover everything with dirt. Leave it alone for about 6 months. After that period is complete dig it up and eat the board.

This recipe works well for fresh liver and liver that is months or years old.

Make this, its killer...

Best recipe I've found for liver is this. Find a cedar board about an inch thick. Get some of those big banana leaves and some twine. Put the liver on the board and wrap the whole thing in banana leaves and tie it up with the twine. Next dig a pit and cover the bottom of that pit with hot coals. Put the leaf wrapped container in the ground and cover with more coals. Cover everything with dirt. Leave it alone for about 6 months. After that period is complete dig it up and eat the board.

This recipe works well for fresh liver and liver that is months or years old.
You forgot...use the twine for floss to get any of that $hit out your mouth...liver ugh!:sick:

I'm with most of the guys here as far as eating liver. If somebody cooks it in camp I'll eat some just to be polite.

Anatomically speaking, tgevliver is the filter that keeps all of the unhealthy, natlsty, filthy, and for lack of better words, vulgar shirt out of the blood stream. Why would you eat that?

That antelope isn't smiling down saying, "at least he's eating my liver"
Cuz a jacked guy on instantgram swears by the stuff

The anti liver crowd is really selling it. I haven't tossed it though. Unfortunately the worse something sounds, the more likely I am to give it a shot...

I've never tried antelope liver but have one in the freezer from last Fall to try. Fresh might be better. Elk liver is excellent. Really mild and great in camp fried with onions. mtmuley

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back