Caribou Gear

Live: Game Off 2022

Countdown to GO: 1 day, 1hr, 6min

Doesnt look pretty but ho-lee-shit is that good. Learnings on elk mini meatball sub - broiler should be on low for maximum cheese meltage and less burnage for top of the bun. Needs more sauce. Maybe pre-toastage of the brioche buns?
View attachment 255114

Re ninja bird - IYKYK.
Re drinkage - tonight - saving room for euchre beers at a brewery
Re the competition - he has begun to think of recipes. I think I saw the hamster wheels in the brain turning!
Drop your oven rack as low as possible when you are broiling bread.

Countdown to GO: 1 day, 1hr, 6min

Doesnt look pretty but ho-lee-shit is that good. Learnings on elk mini meatball sub - broiler should be on low for maximum cheese meltage and less burnage for top of the bun. Needs more sauce. Maybe pre-toastage of the brioche buns?
View attachment 255114

Re ninja bird - IYKYK.
Re drinkage - tonight - saving room for euchre beers at a brewery
Re the competition - he has begun to think of recipes. I think I saw the hamster wheels in the brain turning!
I’m fat, but that bun looks perfect!

if he was wise enough to soak in either dill pickle or jalapeño juice you're in trouble...
I see pickles in the fridge but I think they're brining in buttermilk...

Great debate in the household this morning is requesting to change the order and allow for a free-for-all order to better accommodate the fullness level of the judges (rather than pheasant -> ground -> wild card). If we do this I'm going to gut bomb the judges with wild card dish #3 to start because theme-wise it makes more sense and prep wise it will make my life a lot easier the rest of the night. Stupid? Maybe.

I see pickles in the fridge but I think they're brining in buttermilk...

Great debate in the household this morning is requesting to change the order and allow for a free-for-all order to better accommodate the fullness level of the judges (rather than pheasant -> ground -> wild card). If we do this I'm going to gut bomb the judges with wild card dish #3 to start because theme-wise it makes more sense and prep wise it will make my life a lot easier the rest of the night. Stupid? Maybe.
SEND IT!

husband unit appears to be prepping buttermilk fried chicken pheasant ... :unsure:
going the comfort food route that is likely to please all guests is a solid strategy. In contrast, the tamale strategy is entirely dependent on your audience as I'm guessing there are going to be a few guests that just aren't going to like it no matter how good they really are.

Besides tamales I too am wielding comfort food. (you guys still don't know my wild card dish and it is a DOOZY). We decided to keep the current order but to portion out the first course as a small appetizer (1/2 tamale for moi) so judges have room for the other dishes.

The winner if it is me gets another badge on my official game off apron that says 'game off champion 2022'. if the winner is mr.ammo he finally earns himself an official game off champions apron!

Countdown to GO22: 9 hrs, 1min

Browser window on his big monitor reports his dish #2 is elk tacos :sleep:

Countdown to GO22: 9 hrs, 1min

Browser window on his big monitor reports his dish #2 is elk tacos :sleep:
Elk tacos and fried pheasant compared to tamales and meatball sub. I'd say you two are now even as guests will be able to evenly compare tamales to the tacos and compare the fried chicken to the meatball sub.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
REVRON
Back