Lion Hunting Video

jcutler

Here is the link to a video I put together of a day we had on the mountain chasing a young tom mountain lion that didn't make the cut. I was lucky enough to get some awesome footage from this chase.

Link edited as in violation of forum rules.

Schaaf, I think you are thinking of somebody else. Thank you for watching!

noharleyyet, thanks I appreciate it!

Really cool! I'm assuming the cat didn't mind the camera in the culvert as its attention was solely on the dogs? Neat footage to capture.

Schaaf, I think you are thinking of somebody else. Thank you for watching!

noharleyyet, thanks I appreciate it!

Haha, I know, it was a name play for Jay Cutler of the Bears since he plays in the same division as the Lions...

Schaaf I should've known I get that all the time!

Kaitum, yes he doesn't even notice the camera until he passes it, it looks like he stopped and checked out the tripod which was lying flat on the ground. But you're right his attention was mostly on the dogs.

Thanks everyone!

Shoots Straight he did look pretty skinny and was pretty scarred up as well. He was hanging out pretty close to a bigger tom so they may have scrapped a little.

So let me get this straight, some folks think it is just fine to come to a competing website and video platform, and without asking permission, starts hijacking the traffic, so he can promote himself and his sponsors who compete with the companies who keep this forum available. That is exactly what this guy has done.

I've never turned in another video producer for their failure to secure public land filming permits, but given the number of folks who are showing up to ride coat tails on the "public land hunter" audience we have here and how many of there are posting their videos that I know for a fact do not have public land film permits, maybe I should start.

http://onyourownadventures.com/hunttalk/showthread.php?t=256004

I've helped a lot of people get more exposure to their video content by allowing them to post for free on this site. A lot of them I have helped with questions, guided them along the film permit process, introduced them to potential sponsors. I want more high quality video content out there.

But, I've tired of scavenging, "see if I get caught" mindset that seems to be popping up with so much regularity. This is the third thread in six weeks that has somebody doing this same thing; promoting themselves and other companies that compete with our companies, and using our platform to do it.

Sorry guys, but this one is gone.

Hell I figured he'd asked but I'm a trusting sort...attaboy hereby retracted.;)

miller, pay attention dammit.:D

Last edited:
My apologies everyone. To take anything away from this site was never my intention. I don't have a website or any sponsors I was trying to promote. I simply failed to fully read the terms. Had I known this was a rule I would not have violated it.

I understand now this was not the correct way to share my video, and I can assure you that it won't happen again.

JC, I got your email. Sorry you got in the unfortunate situation of being a good guy who did not know, and probably would not know, how this activity seems to be increasing at a rapid pace. Others who do this intentionally give little choice but to be more vigilant in requiring advance permission.

Thanks for that kind email you sent. No worries on this end. Nice to know you are not the owner of that site. Your post here to apologize shows character.

Best to you. You are welcome here.

Having the same last name not certain if that is good or bad at this juncture.

And no i am not related to the quarterback or the Dr. Winifred Cutler(frequently seen in the back pages of magazines promoting enhancement products)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hamms12oz
Back