Caribou Gear

Life lessons

OK . . . . I'll go.

One time at band camp . . . . Nah . . . . . . this story is not HT friendly. :D

Most embarrassing one was trying to make it through airport security with a rubber in the pocket of my cargo shorts. The foil wrapper set the metal detector off about 4 times before I realized what it was. Kinda awkward sending a single rubber down the conveyor in its own tote while the woman TSA agent shakes her head and smiles. They also don't take kindly to glock mags in your carry on. Got a letter for that one...

I had a friend in high school who made it to the state wrestling championships in Indianapolis. Several of us (7 to be exact) decided we would go to the big city and watch him wrestle. Well, we all had trucks except one guy had an old Ford Crown Victoria. Since we were in high school and didnt have any money rather than take 2 or 3 vehicles to get there we did the obious thing and stuck 5 guys in the front of the crown vic and two in the trunk. This shrunk our caravan back down to one vehicle. We were a resourseful bunch. And so the guys in the truck could let themselved out of get some fresh air a rope was tied on the trunk so they could open and close it at their discretion. We were about an hour into our trip after one pee stop along I-70 and all of the sudden somebody says "hey there's a cop behind us". We were directly beside the Indianapolis airport on I-70 when he flipped his cherries on and pulled us over. Here's where the story gets good. So the guys in the trunk have no idea why we are pulling over. So as we stop and the cop is walking towards our car they throw the trunk open to see what's going on. Not good. Gun number one is pulled. The next few steps got a little blurry in the rush of things but the driver was asked to turn off the vehicle and drop his keys out of the window. This is not a common practice that I am aware of for basic traffic stops so needless to say we became quite concerned at this point. We were then all ordered out of the vehicle and put our hands on the car. Fortunately the old crown vic was a long vehicle because there needed to be room for all seven of us to line up along it with our hands down. A personal moment I will never forget is the kind officer who had parked on the West bound side of I-70 (we were heading East) ran across four lanes of interstate with his gun on me the entire time. As he neared his voice still rings clearly, "Boys, this is a Desert Eagle .50 caliber and I ain't sh_tting you, I'm NOT afraid to use it". As he finished his sentence the triangular shaped front of the gun was mere feet from my head while I stood with both hands on the hood of the car. To say I was afraid to even breathe at this point for fear of being shot is an understatement. We were all frisked with only a few small pocket knives being found and everyone was ordered back into the car. Except me that is. For some reason they though I was the driver so I go to head back to the cruiser while our drivers licenses were ran. As I was recieving my lecture and he was running our licenses one of our crews licenses wasn't clearing the check. I thought what could this guy have done...fortunately they finally came back and said we were all clear. What little a$$ I had left after the but chewing I recieved was asked to walk back up to my original ride and everyone was once again asked to pile out. The officer proceeded to explain to us that we had not broken any laws and there was nothing that he could ticket us for. The entorage that had joined him that morning was due to the fact that just that same morning a car was found in a corn fileld nearby with some bodies in the trunk. My two wonderful friends in the back had garnered enough attention during our trip that someone felt obliged to call it in. His parting words were everyone will ride in the front of the vehicle from this point forward and if he heard anymore from us that he would make something to book us on. It took a little while for the shock to run off. As I am from a relatively small town a lot of the community was going to Indy that day to see our friend wrestle. Well while one of my co-orts was speaking to a parent attending the match they asked if we had seen all the cop cars on I-70 that morning. He responded he didn't we must have missed it....

One year a buddy and me decide to go to Cheyenne Wyoming to visit a childhood friend living there for thanksgiving. Well, as young guys do, the beer began to flow. Met these two females and the night progressed. Things are pretty fuzzy after this point.

Next morning I wake up to the guy I brought with me to Wyoming punching me in the shoulder. He asks, " Where the F are we?" and "I don't remember the mountains being this close to Cheyenne" So I take a look out the window. Oh crap! I can hear people moving about the house we are in. We make our way out to the kitchen to be greeted by these two females (who thankfully were still decent looking now that the beer goggles are off), her brother and sister-in-law. After a cup of coffee, I finally ask where we were. Colorado Springs is the city I was in. I asked about the third guy that was with us when we met and come to find out he stayed in Cheyenne. So we spent three days with two girls we allegedly met in Cheyenne and her family for thanksgiving. They did make us feel welcome though.

Either mark a spitter as such or do not spit tobacco juice in empty beer cans!

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back