Yeti GOBOX Collection

License - CHECK! Tags - CHECK! Won't Be Long Now!

mdhunter61

The best part of the year is approaching fast! About a month away from a DIY flyout caribou hunt in remote Alaska - every year feels like the first time.

Best of luck to all of you who will be heading to the AK hills and mountains soon in search of sheep, caribou, goats, moose, black bear, grizzlies, etc. What we're all really searching for is ADVENTURE, and Alaska provides plenty of that!

Take lots of pics, and share your stores when you return safely from the field.

I am off to POW in the morning. Will be in Thorne Bay by afternoon. My buddy JB is going to blindfold us while we fly to his favorite beachhead, from where we will embark on a six hour climb through the Devil's Club in hopes to find a good blacktail buck. The things a guy won't do to try chase a dream.

Good luck to you Michael, and all the others fortunate enough to be able to hunt Alaska this fall. I'll be waiting to hear and read the reports. I'm not able to go this year, but will be doing a spring black bear hunt next May on Kupreanof Island. Knute

Alpine Blackie Hunt

Ill be up Aug 18-Sept 7 For a hike in Alpine Blackie Hunt. Did it in 2011 and was successful so we will give it another shot. Pry fish for Bows on the Upper Kenai and taking a charter for Salmon / Butts so it should be a good trip. Last year was a Flyout into the Brooks for Bou/Moose and 2016 is Kodiak Island Deer/Ducks/Goats Fishing! Love AK!

Beaver just landed in Throne Bay. Hope you all have as great of a trip as we did.

Good luck to you Michael, and all the others fortunate enough to be able to hunt Alaska this fall. I'll be waiting to hear and read the reports. I'm not able to go this year, but will be doing a spring black bear hunt next May on Kupreanof Island. Knute

Thanks Knute, and best of luck on your spring 2016 hunt! You and your son sure got the AK bug hard. :)

Michael

Still a little longer wait for me, chasing a bull in November.

Remember the enjoyment that builds just getting ready for the hunt.

Good luck Michael, we're headed out on the 29th for 2 weeks of moose hunting, is your hunt a registration hunt?

Yup, registration caribou, RC860. We're driving to Tok the same day you're heading out John, hope you guys have a great trip!

Have a good time Mike.I leave in 20 days for Ak for my moose hunt.Next year if you need a partner,maybe we can do a either or moose/caribou trip.Packing my camping gear this week to ship to Alaska ahead of me getting there
Cant wait to see your pics.Better bring a fishing rod along

Have a good time Mike.I leave in 20 days for Ak for my moose hunt.Next year if you need a partner,maybe we can do a either or moose/caribou trip.Packing my camping gear this week to ship to Alaska ahead of me getting there
Cant wait to see your pics.Better bring a fishing rod along

Thanks Scott! I'm probably taking my girlfriend to Alaska next year, so my next hunt will likely be in 2017. But I'll definitely check in with you as I start to plan!

Good luck on your moose hunt, hope you have a blast.

Michael

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back