Leupold Rangefiner

noharleyyet

RX-1200i TBR with DNA to be exact. Looks like they are available. Who's tried em?

Have the 1000 TBR with DNA and really like it. What's the "I" stand for??? The 1000 gives me ranges to .... 750 or so.

good luck to all
the dog

Have the 1000 TBR with DNA and really like it. What's the "I" stand for??? The 1000 gives me ranges to .... 750 or so.

good luck to all
the dog

750 on actual animals? If true that is actually pretty good. I've played around with most brands while p-dog shooting and found that on dogs the Leupolds would barley give a range past 300 yards.

The i version uses cosine only for bow mode. A ballistics modified solution for angle comp is not a good idea for bows.

Ken, PM'ed you a price. Can't advertise it but it will be around $50 cheaper than Opti#s P#anet ;)

Just got mine in the mail last friday.So far so good i have ranged cows in the pasture to 658.She was walkin towards the truck and it was right on with a friends older 1200 leica(within a yard everytime). I have tried any farther on animals but did get 1150 out of a barn.

The paper work says only 800 yards on an animal.I did try on a horse yesterday evening that was standing next to a barn that was a little over a 1000.It worked on barn but not the horae.

I have ran the gauntlet on rangefinders from Bushnell,Nikon, Luepold and Leica and all are reliable to about 400 yards on a really bright day. On an overcast day most all will read their maximum or a little beyond. The reason some only range on an animal out to a certain distance is because they have a larger target area they read off of. The larger target area is why if you have used one much will read better on shadows and dark objects. I use a dark or black glove and a rest for long distances.
I do use a Luepold for archery but when it comes to long range I'll trust the Leica.

I have the RX-1200i TBR w/DNA, and it has a "Load" function, and not the ballistics group. I can't find any info on the "Load" function and what the 25 options mean. Any insight?

I have the RX-1200i TBR w/DNA, and it has a "Load" function, and not the ballistics group. I can't find any info on the "Load" function and what the 25 options mean. Any insight?
My understanding the 25 is kind of a generic.

I was going to play with it over Labor Day to get the rest of it figured out for the .223 Remington and the .280 Remington.

I always planned on them only really being good for 1/2-2/3 of the distance advertised.

696B9B1D-C232-444F-AA2B-8BD2B92E18F3.jpeg

Back