Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Leupold CDS Dial Delivery

I think I'll just use my MOA dial instead of yardage since I'll be sighting in at 400ft elevation and 80 degree temps, then hunting at several thousand feet and much lower temps. Figure I'll run the ballistics and tape to my stock with windage on card too. How are all of you planning to compensate for the difference in trajectory on a long shot with a yardage turrent? I could borrow a friends gunswerks rangefinder that will do the math???

I sent them a email and got a call back the next day. Yesterday I got a shipping tracking number emailed to me.

I think I'll just use my MOA dial instead of yardage since I'll be sighting in at 400ft elevation and 80 degree temps, then hunting at several thousand feet and much lower temps. Figure I'll run the ballistics and tape to my stock with windage on card too. How are all of you planning to compensate for the difference in trajectory on a long shot with a yardage turrent? I could borrow a friends gunswerks rangefinder that will do the math???

Definitely why MOA dial is my preferred method. Can easily account for changes in your hunting conditions and areas. The BR2 will provide you a very accurate solution and you could simply dial for it.

I would also recommend checking your zero when you get to your hunting area. Your zero height can change with altitude.

I've been using a 200yd zero for my Vx 3, but think I'll change to 100 when setting my new Vx 5 after reading an article in Western Hunter that highly recommended the 100yd zero secondary to less affect in variables at that distance and checking your zero and using calculated data should be more accurate.

I submitted my order on July 24th and was told 6-8 weeks, which isn't a big deal. I just got an email last week that showed Req Date 8/30, Prom Date 9/20, and Sched Date 8/30. I contacted the Custom Shop to ask them about those dates and he could not answer my question as to what those dates meant. Supposedly, this is a computer generated document to show the customer that they are beginning to work on the turret. The guy told me it was turning into a 8-10 week process to get the turrets back to the customer. That is cutting it real close for me. Does anyone know what those dates mean for sure?

Thanks for bumping Ringo...just got off the phone with LCS, my third inquiry this month. I found it strange the tech asked for my email addy....they have it with the order as per the order confirmation back in June. Received tracking # moments later, dial is in Texas headed to my office. Anyway, I'm guessing they were slammed this summer...all's well.

I submitted my order on July 24th and was told 6-8 weeks, which isn't a big deal. I just got an email last week that showed Req Date 8/30, Prom Date 9/20, and Sched Date 8/30. I contacted the Custom Shop to ask them about those dates and he could not answer my question as to what those dates meant. Supposedly, this is a computer generated document to show the customer that they are beginning to work on the turret. The guy told me it was turning into a 8-10 week process to get the turrets back to the customer. That is cutting it real close for me. Does anyone know what those dates mean for sure?

I got the same email as well.

Sorry. I learned the hard way. Now I always try to have things like dials or repairs done in the off season. mtmuley

After a call to the Custom Shop this morning, I was assured I was a "few weeks" out. That is still in line with the original 6-8 weeks I was originally told. Yeah, it would be great to do all of you hunting business in the off-season, but is there really an off-season? Between scouting, big game hunting, shed hunting, spring bear hunting, predator hunting, there really isn't a "good" time to be without any of your gear. June and July is probably best because nothing is really packing any antlers.

There is no off season for snagging an unexpected gem of a rifle and load development...

My CDS dial showed up this weekend so it took 5 weeks from time of order. The CDS system makes sense for my .257 WBY because I only shoot one hand load from it. I would probably stick with the MOA dial if I put the scope on my 30-06 because I shoot all kinds of bullet/powder combos from it.

Back