Leupold Alumina caps

• Thread starter Deleted member 20812
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 20812

For those of you who’ve used these, did you like them? Given my propensity to lose shit, I’ve been considering these for my scopes.

Do the spring loads work well? Flip it up and out of the way where it stays?

Did you do objective lens AND eyepiece or just objective?

I have them installed on all my rifles except one. Not enough room between the objective and barrel to get it to fit and really didnt want to get higher rings to accomodate. I had a set of butler creek plastic ones and they broke on my fist hunt with them. Nothing bad to say about fit, form, or function, aluminas are great. They are expensive but worth the price.

I have them installed on all my rifles except one. Not enough room between the objective and barrel to get it to fit and really didnt want to get higher rings to accomodate. I had a set of butler creek plastic ones and they broke on my fist hunt with them. Nothing bad to say about fit, form, or function, aluminas are great. They are expensive but worth the price.
How much clearance do they need? Can’t find that in the spec sheet data.

If your scope clears the barrel profile the cap will too.....it's threaded in to bell or eyepiece, leave it open and thread the lock ring in.

I've broken every one that I have on every Leupold Scope I have. Not their fault just tough on stuff I guess. The magnets fall out that hold them shut. The rubber piece in the hinge that stops them from flinging back and hitting the scope came out so it makes a ping noise when I pop mine open. But you will not lose them that's for sure.

Clearance with the barrel isn’t a problem. Just have to install the cap before you mount the scope. Otherwise, the tabs to open the cap will hit the barrel when you try to thread them on.
Aaaah, I see.

Pretty good chance I bed the action this winter. Sounds like a good time to add the cap.

Clearance with the barrel isn’t a problem. Just have to install the cap before you mount the scope. Otherwise, the tabs to open the cap will hit the barrel when you try to thread them on.

Yep, that's what I had to do with the one I put on the objective lens of the Leupold VX-2 on my Browning A bolt. But I love it. I use a Butler Creek flip up cover on the eyepiece but there wasn't enough clearance for the Butler Creek on the objective lens.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back