Leupold Alumina caps

• Thread starter Deleted member 20812
  • Start date
Once they are attached, you're not losing them .
Pro tip: red loctite before you center the reticle
Personally, i'd use the low strength Purple Loctite 222!

The blue 242 Loctite if i had to.

The red Loctite needs heated to remove.

Not gonna happen on any of my firearms or optics!!!

Don't use red loctite on firearms. You have to heat it to get it to remove. You dont want to have to put a torch on your scope if you ever needed to remove it. The blue is more than sufficient. The red is for bolts you have to have high reliability on and will never ever get to again.

In my opinion blue loctite is absolutely mandatory for all scope bases, rails, and rings. But I have two scopes with alumina caps without any loctite on them at all and they are fine, not loose at all after 3-4 years.

Don't use red loctite on firearms. You have to heat it to get it to remove. You dont want to have to put a torch on your scope if you ever needed to remove it. The blue is more than sufficient. The red is for bolts you have to have high reliability on and will never ever get to again.

In my opinion blue loctite is absolutely mandatory for all scope bases, rails, and rings. But I have two scopes with alumina caps without any loctite on them at all and they are fine, not loose at all after 3-4 years.
You could always remove it with a dremel 😉
Joking

They came with my vx-6 and I am super pleased. They stay closed, they are super quiet, and they are very sturdy. Highly recommend them.

I’ve put them on a couple of scopes. I like them and have had good luck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back