Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Leupold 1400Rxi Rangefinder

Foxtrot1

This year I upgraded my rangefinder and picked up a leupold rx1400i. I wanted one that should allow me to shoot terrain at longer distances to plan stalks.

Initial impressions are great. To be a cheap base model, it would routinely pick up animals and terrain out past 1000yds. The other guy hunting with us had a 2200 yard Sig. The leupold consistently ranged animals and non reflective targets farther. If it holds up, it is a great bargain.

Just an FYI for anyone looking this year.

This year I upgraded my rangefinder and picked up a leupold rx1400i. I wanted one that should allow me to shoot terrain at longer distances to plan stalks.

Initial impressions are great. To be a cheap base model, it would routinely pick up animals and terrain out past 1000yds. The other guy hunting with us had a 2200 yard Sig. The leupold consistently ranged animals and non reflective targets farther. If it holds up, it is a great bargain.

Just an FYI for anyone looking this year.
Been looking at this one myself.

I have the RX-2800. Bought it in Jan 2021 and it sat in the closet til this October cause I didn't geta Montana tag last year. Used it a little on my hunt, Oct & Nov, and the 100's of yards in the display is not showing up. In other words, if the range is say 455 yards, it shows 55 yards, the 4 does not display. I'm sending it back, repair or replace. I'm, pissed because I couldn't use it the last day hunting for mule deer out 4-500 yards. Don't know what the warranty period is, but they better fix it.

Good info. I'm planning on using whatever Cabelas gift cards I get this year for one.

Just FYI, Leupold got back with me. All the rangefinders, no matter who you get them from (Sig, etc), are made in the same factory in GUESS WHERE? Yep, china (little c). Mine has a 2yr warranty and I'm in the warranty period. So, they are sending me a totally new one. They don't fix this chinese crap. Throw it away if you want, or use it for bow hunting. Their phone system is the absolute worst. Love the company, love the products, but I told the guy, GET RID OF THAT PHONE SYSTEM. They wanna take surveys, etc, just all bullsht. Get a real person to answer the phone and take my call when I call.

Last edited:
Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1st BDX Scope
Back