Caribou Gear

Leupold 12-40-60hd, thoughts,

300stw

i am wanting a new spotting scope. have my eye on the leupold 12-40-60hd

talk me into it or out of it, ive had japanese bushnell, pentak, leupold compact, numerous lower end under 600 scopes, i like the theron saker bettern then anythin ive seen under 600.00,

what say the world, straight thru also, my theron is angled and i hate the angle, especially in a vehicle, but it makes me dissy to look down to look forward if that makes sense,,,,

Is that the Gold Ring 12-40x60?
If so I think that is what I am trying to move into.
I have a different Spotter but I am trying to decide between that and the 20-60.

Those are fantastic scope for general purpose hunting. Good optics, lightweight, compact, and very friendly eye relief. I used one for 3-4 years here in CO and WY, and it was a great scope for general western hunting. I did upgrade a year ago to a Swaro STS 65mm HD. Is the Swaro better? Heck yes it is, but it’s twice the price! Only reason I went to the Swaro is I have been doing a couple of sheep hunt and it does help count rings. But when deer and elk hunting, there’s been several times I just wished I still had the leupold HD, just as it’s so compact, user friendly, and the optics are plenty good.

I absolutely love mine. Lightweight and great eye relief. It works great for me.

I have a non-HD 12x40x60 Gold Ring. I like it, it's light weight and has good clarity. It's a good all-around hunting spotter. My shooting partner has a Swaro 20x60x80 we use for Silhouette and long range to 1000 yards. There is no comparison the Gold Ring is out classed. But it is $1,100 vs $3,000 and is smaller and lighter so it just depends on what you can afford and what fits your needs.

I’ve started flying my drone down to the target and using those pictures/images for marking my range book

Back